- DO NOT INSULT
- DO NOT SAY BAD WORDS
- SPEAK WITH RESPECT
Welcome to Meta!
Hello, AlvaroMolina. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 18:10, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
Eres muy rápido...
...para verificar los usuarios elegibles para votar en las elecciones. Yo estaba por hacerlo en varias ocasiones pero llegas siempre primero. Es muy bueno el trabajo que haces, y espero que sigas ayudando en eso. Saludos. --Stïnger （会話） 13:49, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
- @Stïnger: Es que yo los verifico de antes que aparezcan en la plantilla y en algunos casos obvios de usuarios establecidos que ni vale la pena comprobar. Saludos. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 13:51, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Es obvio que en algunos casos no vale la pena verificar, como los usuarios conocidos (e.g. stewards, administradores de algunas wikis, etc) y por eso es fácil también. --Stïnger （会話） 13:55, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
Heya wanted to thank you for both your comment in voting and your ping. I tried to remove my message on the Wikispecies page but unfortunately Pigsonthewing felt that the message had to stay. He reverted my deletion. I responded to the clam I was canvassing on Meta though. I was not. It was no different to other occasions where I had mentioned various events, I just did not consider the inappropriateness on this occasion.
In regards to everything else I thought the comments on my experience were fair, I only nominated because I was included in an email asking for this. I checked my eligibility and was actually surprised I was eligible. So never felt I would succeed but tried anyway thinking it would be a good learning exercise on my part. Although a member fr 10+ years my contributions have always been effected by my career. As a professional research scientist I work in multiple countries (21 so far) with significant time in the field. This limits my capacity to sit and do thousands of edits. I am often without internet in very remote areas. The stewards have assisted me on a number of occasions with administrative issues on Wikispecies as needed, so I felt I could try and return the favor. I am not discouraged by the result, it is pretty much what I expected. I do not wish to withdraw , however, I would like to see it out and see what other comments come up. Just writing this to you as you had commented and pinged me, I am not trying to defend myself, that I do not believe is warranted. I have my views on the question where I was completely wrong in my answer but now is not the appropriate time to address this. Cheers Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 14:54, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Faendalimas: Well, it was not my intention to give you a beating or anything like that in the voting (also highlight your work in Wikispecies), however, it is desirable that the steward candidates have a certain global trajectory, which means that they edit in less a few other projects and also get involved in related work areas in which stewards work daily (such as long-term abuse, vandalism and cross-wiki spam, conflicts, among others), in your case I see you more as a user working more on Wikispecies than steward.
- Anyway, if in some future you had interest in playing that role, you should previously get involved in other projects and work in a more global sense in areas such as vandalism, spam and it is also desirable to mediate in conflicts and hostile situations. The fact of CheckUser in Wikispecies already gives you a fairly decent level of confidence towards the rest of the users, if you reinforce those aspects, I have no doubt that in a future candidacy for steward, you would have more chances of being elected. Best wishes. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 15:12, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
Hola. ¿Podrías ver si fue en el lugar adecuado lo que acabo de solicitar? Gracias. --Stïnger （会話） 19:41, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
- @Stïnger: Si es correcto, ahora tienes que esperar que un burócrata atienda la solicitud, en Wikispecies no se requiere consenso como en otras wikis, así que se te debería conceder de inmediato cuando sea atendida. Saludos. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 20:00, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Gracias. Acabo de borrar las secciones de Support, Oppose, etc. --Stïnger （会話） 20:05, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
- Hola. @Stïnger:, AlvaroMolina. He hecho lo solicitado en Wikispecies, Administradores de traducción. Cheers Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 23:58, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you! :-) --Stïnger （会話） 23:59, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
Hi AlvaroMolina, When I click on "Verification pending" it obviously comes up with a project and edits - But could I ask why Commons comes up for me ? .... I spend most of my life at EN so find it odd Commons was auto-selected instead?, Thanks, –Davey2010Talk 15:38, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not Alvaro, but as far as I am aware the tool checks the wikis in alphabetical order and "c" for "commonswiki" comes before "e" for "enwiki". :-) --Vogone (talk) 15:45, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Vogone, Ahhhh right, I knew it randomly selected but didn't realise it was in alphabetical order, Okie dokie thanks for replying much appreciated :), –Davey2010Talk 15:55, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
Next steps for the wish “confirmation prompt for the rollback link”
Hello, a while ago you participated in a feedback round about a proposal how accidental clicks on the rollback link could be avoided. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and ideas!
Looking at the feedback and the rollback situation in different wikis, the development team decided how to approach this wish: As a default, most wikis won’t have a confirmation. But users who wish to have one, can enable it in their preferences, which will add a confirmation prompt to the rollback link on the diff page and on the list pages. The prompt won’t be a pop-up, but an inline prompt like for the thanks confirmation. You can read more about the planned solution and what influenced this decision on the project page. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:50, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
Request for "GWToolset userright"
Hola Alvaro Molina,
te escribo por tu papel de ser bureaucrat del servidor WM Commons Beta. Estoy preparando subir algunas collecciones mayores de un archivo del estado. Para realizarlo con el GLAMwiki toolset primero tengo que hacer una prueba en el servidor Beta. Me podrías dar los privelegios para usar el toolset en este servidor? El nombre de mi cuenta allí es el mismo como aqui.
Nils Reichert —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Renilgh (talk) 23:55, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
- Done —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 23:55, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
Results from global Wikimedia survey 2018 are published
19:25, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello! A few months ago the Wikimedia Foundation invited you to take a survey about your experiences on Wikipedia. You signed up to receive the results.
The report is now published on Meta-Wiki! We asked contributors 170 questions across many different topics like diversity, harassment, paid editing, Wikimedia events and many others.
Read the report or watch the presentation, which is available only in English.
Add your thoughts and comments to the report talk page.
Feel free to share the report on Wikipedia/Wikimedia or on your favorite social media. Thanks!
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)