- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Hi, I'm an Italian user (and indeed en-it translate) are active translator for one year I want to be translation admin to mark pages for translation and to be of help regarding translations. --Samuele2002 (talk) 17:19, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. Have you read the documentation? have you prepared some page for translation? if yes, could you please give us a link to them? Matiia (talk) 22:15, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
- Matiia I'm currently preparing for the translation pages of the category Category:Wikimedia Italia. For I have done now Wikimedia Italia WikiAfrica Italy Wikimedia Italia/Summary Category:Wikimedia Italia. --Samuele2002 (talk) 13:27, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- What does Wikimedia Italia think about making those pages translatable? Matiia (talk) 18:17, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- Matiia More than anything else the translation would serve to get the pages on Wikimedia Italy in various languages in partocolare Italian in addition I would like to mark the translation pages of local chapters that have not been reported for the translation, because I believe that the chapters of the pages They must be translated so you can for example easily compare two chapters directly in their mother without passing English language. --Samuele2002 (talk) 20:50, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- Checking your edits, there are a few things you still need to know:
- Things as <!-- T:1 --> are automatically added by the translate extension, they shouldn't be manually added (1 & 2).
- You don't need to add so many translate tags in cases like this, you can get the same result by adding a space between paragraphs. For example:
is the same as:
- Paragraphs shouldn't be as big as in WikiAfrica Italy (from Festival Cinema Africano Asia e America Latina to [[:en:Wikipedia:WikiAfrica/COSV|case study in English]] and from Fondazioni4Africa to support to WikiAfrica/Share Your Knowledge) and Wikimedia Italia/Summary (from What has been done to we have an office in Monza (near Milan)). You could add a space between them. It's easier for translators whether they aren't so big.
- Using <tvar|></> is very useful for translators work and people modifying the content of the page, so please remember to use it when preparing some page for translation (links, address emails, dates and things like that). Here is a nice explanation about how it works).
- I don't know whether you already read the documentation. If you haven't done it yet, please read Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example and Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation administration (and if you already did it, please do it again). Could you please apply those things to the pages you have prepared for translation? :-) Matiia (talk) 05:20, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the advice;) I have read the documentation, but I had not realized that the T1 sarebbeti tags were automatically added, while the lists did not know. Now I correct me. Thanks again for the signaling :) --Samuele2002 (talk) 12:13, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
Approved. Please use this wisely and seek advice/help when unsure on, i.e., Meta:Babylon. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 10:49, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.