Wikimedia Italia - Associazione per la diffusione della conoscenza libera is the Italian chapter of the Wikimedia movement.
Contact information at Contatti. General e-mails to Wikimedia Italia can be sent to infowikimedia.it.
- Lorenzo Losa, president
- Cristian Consonni, vicepresident
- Ginevra Sanvitale, secretary
- Saverio Giulio Malatesta, treasurer
- Luca Martinelli, project leader
- Maurizio Codogno
- Roberto Corda
- Iolanda Pensa
- Francesco Carbonara (stand-in)
- Giovanni Augulino (stand-in)
- Giuliana Mancini, Executive Director, full-time
- Francesca Lissoni, office manager, full-time
- Alessandra Gasparini, office secretary, newsletter, part-time
via Bergognone 34
20144 Milano (MI)
As of December 2012, the association counts 471 members. The 2012 budget comprised around 100 k€, raised from donations and sponsorships.
- What has been done so far (most links in Italian, sorry)
- we participate round-the-year in local and national events and fairs, seminars, lectures in classrooms, etc. for promoting WMF projects in Italy 
- we support and collaborate in nationwide petitions and campaigns 
- we organized some online and offline initiatives  (Wiki@home (English), WikiAfrica, BWM, Biblioteca, Musica)
- 3rd part publishers released a DVD-version of it:wp (more than 20,000 copies sold) and a handbook about Wikipedia and the Wikis
- we have obtained the status of "associazione di promozione sociale" (social promotion association, a "charity" status in Italy); this grants tax deductibility on donations for the donors and other facilitations: we have also joined the WMF 2009 fundraising and 2010 "cinque per mille" campaign (sort of en:Eight per thousand for charities)
- we have an office in Monza (near Milan).
- Best successes
- a few national awards  (English)
- the digital freedoms festival (2009 (English), 2010 and 2011)
- the Wikimedia Conference 2013 in Milan
- organization of Wiki Loves Monuments Italia in 2012, despite the legal hurdles
- Worst headache
- the squatted domains www.wiki***.it
- some legal complaints about the content of some Wikipedia articles (mainly bios of politicians), passed through to OTRS, as WMI is not the proper recipient, except the last one (English)
The most recent financial statements are:
Wikimedia Italia also publishes a newsletter (Wikimedia News) about twice per month.
Wikimedia Italia was formed on Friday 17th June 2005, in Canino.
The bylaws were prepared and approved by the Wikimedia Foundation.
During an IRC meeting with Jimbo, Angela and Anthere the bylaws were amended and the Foundation was given permission to proceed.
Additional info can be found on that page.