Wikimedia Italia - Associazione per la diffusione della conoscenza libera is the Italian chapter of the Wikimedia movement.
Contact information at Contatti. General e-mails to Wikimedia Italia can be sent to infowikimedia.it.
The Wikimedia Italia official website is wiki.wikimedia.it.
Confirmed on April 5, 2014.
- Andrea Zanni, president
- Simone Cortesi, vicepresident
- Luca Martinelli, secretary
- Cristian Consonni, treasurer
- Ginevra Sanvitale, project leader
- Maurizio Codogno
- Roberto Corda
- Marina Milella
- Federico Cantoni (stand-in)
- Giovanni Augulino (stand-in)
- Giuliana Mancini, Executive Director, full-time
- Francesca Lissoni, office manager, full-time
- Alessandra Gasparini, office secretary, newsletter, part-time
- Cristian Cenci, Wiki Loves Monuments coordinator, full-time
Via Bergamo, 18
20900 Monza (MB)
As of December 2012, the association counts 471 members. The 2012 budget ranged around 100 k€, raised from donations and sponsorships.
- What has been done so far (most links in Italian, sorry)
- we participate round-the-year to local and national events and fairs, seminars, lectures in classrooms, etc. for promoting WMF projects in Italy 
- we support and collaborate in nation-wide petitions and campaigns 
- we organized some on-line and off-line initiatives  (Wiki@home (English), WikiAfrica, BWM, Biblioteca, Musica)
- 3rd part publishers released a DVD-version of it:wp (more than 20,000 copies sold) and a handbook about Wikipedia and the Wikis
- we have obtained the status of "associazione di promozione sociale" (social promotion association, a "charity" status in Italy); this grants tax deductibility on donations for the donors and other facilitations: we have the joined WMF 2009 fundraising and 2010 "cinque per mille" campaign (sort of en:Eight per thousand for charities)
- we have an office in Monza (near Milan).
- Best successes
- a few national awards  (English)
- the digital freedoms festival (2009 (English), 2010 and 2011)
- the Wikimedia Conference 2013 in Milan
- organization of Wiki Loves Monuments Italia in 2012, despite the legal hurdles
- Worst headache
- the squatted domains www.wiki***.it
- some legal complaints about the content of some Wikipedia articles (mainly bios of politicians), passed through to OTRS, as WMI is not the proper recipient, except the last one (English)
The most recent financial statements are:
Wikimedia Italia also publishes a newsletter (Wikimedia News) about twice per month.
Wikimedia Italia was formed on Friday 17th June 2005, in Canino.
The bylaws were prepared and approved by the Wikimedia Foundation.
During an IRC meeting with Jimbo, Angela and Anthere the bylaws were amended and the Foundation was given permission to proceed.
Additional info can be found on that page