- See the discussion page of this grant request for more information.
- Since this grant was withdrawn, no report is required and no further action is required from the grantee.
Basic information / 基本資訊
Project details / 補助申請細節
- Are you an organization, a group, or an individual?
- Organization / 組織
- Please provide your name, or the name of the group or organization requesting this grant.
- 中華民國維基媒體協會(Wikimedia Taiwan)
- Please provide the name (or username) of the main contact for this grant request. You do not need to disclose your legal name publicly.
- Liang-chih ShangKuan(User:Shangkuanlc) / 上官良治(User:Shangkuanlc)
- For groups and organizations only: Please provide the name (or username) of a second contact for this grant request.
- Please link to any relevant documents, including your website if you have one.
- Wikimedia Taiwan / 中華民國維基媒體協會
Project details / 專案細節
- Official project name
- WikiMambo / 維基漫步
- Project start date
- This is the date you begin work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project start date.
- 17 JUL 2014 / 2014年7月17日
- Project completion date
- This is the date you finish work on your project. Please include a month, day, and year. You must include a project completion date.
- 31 August / 2014年8月31日
- Please describe the project in a few sentences
- We will host two events of one-day-workshop, so the young people who are interested in local landscape and the history behind it can understand the context of the city corner. We will not only teach participants to use GPS trackers and cameras to record geographic features, but also to let scholars and locals to share the stories in this city. We want to make new participants to know about how fascinating the city is and how fun to leave their knowledge on free knowledge platforms, just like dancing mambos.
Financial details / 財務細節
Please request your grant in your local currency. WMF is able to grant funds in many currencies.
- Amount and currency requested
- None / 不需資金
- Please provide an equivalent amount in US dollars using the exchange rate provided by Oanda on the date you open this request
- None / 不需資金
For organizations only / 組織申請專用
This section only needs to be completed by organizations requesting grants. Individuals and groups that are not incorporated do not need to complete this section.
- Are you an incorporated organization able to provide local proof of nonprofit status within your country? For-profit organizations are not eligible to receive grants through the PEG program.
- Answer YES or NO.
- YES / 是
- Does your organization currently employ or engage any fulltime or part-time staff or contractors? If yes, please tell us how many staff or contractors you employ or engage, along with their functions or a link to your staff page. For example, "2 full time program managers and 1 part-time contractor accountant at 50% FTE each."
- NO, all of the organizers are volunteers / 否，目前所有人皆為無給薪志工。
Goals and measures of success / 專案目標以及衡量成功的標準
Project goal / 專案目標
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- The goal of the project is to make workshop participant who are interested in YuanShan area and NanKang area to update the Wikipedia articles and OpenStreetMap traces of these places.
Measures of success / 衡量成功的標準
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed.
- Measures of success
- We will consider this project a success if we recruit 60 participants in these workshop and make all of them to create Chinese Wikipedia and OpenStreetMap account.
Project scope and activities / 專案的範圍與活動內容
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when?
- List of activities
- Wikimedia Taiwan has already negotiated with both the OpenStreepMap community in Taiwan, and Professor Vicki Chiu from Department of Cultural Vocation Development, National Taipei University of Technology, to host two one-day-workshops in summer vacation (July and August). Through fun and relax gaming process, we will help young people who are interested in the culture and history of Taipei to understand how wiki projects works and start to sign up in Chinese Wikipedia. Grants of PEG for this project will provide the gifts for participants.
Budget / 預算
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here.
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||Personnel costs / 人事費用||Fees for lecturers / 講師車馬費||1 Person / 人||2||2,000||4,000||TWD / 新台幣|
|2||Activity fees / 活動費用||Insurance / 保險||1 Event / 場||1||500||500||TWD / 新台幣||Insurance for event in 17, July / 7月17日圓山場保險費|
|3||Activity fees / 活動費用||Other fees / 雜支||1 Event / 場||1||500||500||TWD / 新台幣||Other Expenses / 其餘開銷|
- Total cost of project
- TWD$5,000 / 新台幣$5,000元
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
- None / 無
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
- We have subsidy from Wikimedia Taiwan. / 中華民國維基媒體協會補助
Non-financial requirements / 非財務性的需求
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance
- We ask for 12 Wiki T-shirts (all in Men's L size) , 24 pieces of Wiki pins (we've changed the magnets into pins as WMF staff mentioned that it's easier for WMF to send out soft and light souvenirs abroad), and 24 pieces of Wiki stickers. Consider these events are held for testing, to product a little prizes is uneconomical, so that we need request the Foundation to help provide.
Resources and Risks / 專案所需資源與風險
This section is used to highlight your potential for successfully executing this project.
Consider including the following information:
- List of team members (names or usernames):
- Onwiki evidence of community support (such as a project about this discussion):
- Endorsements from community members or movement groups:
- Special skills or qualifications this potential grantee or project lead brings to this project:
- Evidence of past success in executing similar projects:
- The original idea provider of this project is Archer0630, who is also the administrator of Wikimedia community in Taiwan Facebook group. The Facebook group is growing steadily, now there are over 1,100 accounts join the group, and great deal of discussion in this group. This may help the community in Taiwan to participate, and also good for the news and updates of Wikimedia projects spreading in social network websites.
- The event's core organizer are the following three Wikimedian: Reke, Supaplex, and Shangkuanlc. Since 2012, these 3 people have regularly hosted Wikipedia Writing bootcamp in Taipei. Supaplex and Shangkuanlc also have hosted several mapping parties since 2013. So the 3 people have the knowledge of hosting this event such as the ability of GPS tracking teaching skill, the know-how on writing style of encyclopedia for local articles, and the ability to teach how to upload photos into Wiki commons.
- We have already negotiated with OpenStreetMap community in Taiwan to promote, to lend us venues, and also to be teaching assistants. The success past mapping party could be read on OpenStreetMap wiki page.
- "Maps of Literature" Program Leader Vicki Chiu from Department of Cultural Vocation Development in National Taipei University of Technology is also willing to be a keynote speaker, her academic specialty may improve the quality of contents for this event.
This section is used to identify key risks or threats that would prevent you from achieving your project goals and how you would mitigate those risks and threats.
- Key risks:
- Difficulty in recruiting new volunteers and ask them to join a paid event.
- No evaluation and measurement process.
- Participants may not be able to learn so many operating techniques fluently in just one day event.
- Little capacity for financial management and reporting.
- Mitigating risks:
- Conduct survey of editing community to understand what volunteers are interested in.
- Work with PEG team and other community organizations to share knowledge on measurement and evaluation.
- Translate Editing Wikipedia brochure and distribute this teaching material on event, ask participants to register accounts or other homework beforehand to accelerate the learning process.
- Designate volunteers for both financial management and reporting through the project period.
Impact / 專案效果
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategy / 與維基媒體策略相符程度
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- increasing reach (more people will access or contribute to Wikipedia or our other projects),
- participation (more people actually contributing),
- quality (more content, more useful content, or higher-quality content),
- credibility (more trust in our projects),
- organizational maturity and effectiveness (how it will move you or the Wikimedia community forward),
- or financial sustainability (how it will help you achieve more in the long run)?
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See Project and Event Grants program criteria for decision making.
- Since this event will have actuall demonstration, it will certainly enhance participants' contribution directly. Also this workshop will focus on two spot in Taipei that already got lots of notability but few articles, so it will also increase the quality of content in Chinese Wikipedia.
Benefits / 受益者
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.
- Taiwanese Community in Chinese Wikipeida, Wiki Commons, and OpenStreetMap community.
- Please provide a brief statement about how the project is related to other work in the Wikimedia movement. For example, does the project fit into a work area such as GLAM, education, organizational development, editor retention, or outreach?
- Since the project is working with college and research entity, this project should under education and outreach.
- If successful, will the project have the potential to be replicated successfully by other individuals, groups, or organizations? Please explain how in 1–2 sentences.
- This event could be the prototype for outgoing research template, for example the butterfly project in the local community could copy this proposal and create their own outgoing event.
- Please list other benefits to the movement here.
- Increase the communication with other open community in Taiwan, and also increase the participants of OpenStreetMap