MuseumNext took place in Barcelona on May 23 - 25 2012. It was a conference focused for museum and GLAM professionals, and it had plenty of networking. In 2012 the conference took a look at three themes, Digital Participation, Digital Marketing and Digital Challenges.
Wikimedia was invited to organize a Wikipedia lounge at the event's venue, where Museum and other cultural sector professionals got in touch with GLAMwiki specialized Wikipedians. The lounge was organized by Amical Wikimedia.
This Wikipedia lounge was modeled on the 2011 Communicating the Museum conference at Düsseldorf, where a group of Wikipedians introduced Wiki culture to the conference attendants. It was co-organized by Liam Wyatt and Wikimedia Deutschland.
- Dates: 23/24/25 May, 2012
- Venue: Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, Barcelona
- Hashtag: #MuseumNext
- IRC: #wikimedia-glamconnect on FreeNode
- Commons category: Category:MuseumNext 2012
- Live stream(s): http://www.cccb.org/lab/museumnextcoverage/
The selection of Wikipedians attending the event has been done related to the countries with more museum professionals would attend the event:
- Kippelboy - Amical organizer
- LoriLee - GLAM/US Partnerships coordinator
- Maarten Dammers - Wikimedia Nederland
- Johnbod - Wikimedia UK
- Daniel Mietchen - Wikimedia DE
- Wiki-related presentations
- Àlex Hinojo, in collaboration with LoriLee will present the QRpedia project done at Fundació Joan Miró. + info
Although the most part of the conference, will take place at Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB), there will be some other venues:
- We will plan some social events (TBC)
- May 23 : 20:00: MuseumNext opening reception at Museu Picasso: The chance to meet old friends, network with colleagues and enjoy a drink against the backdrop of one of the historic courtyards at the Museu Picasso.
- May 24 TBC
- May 25 TBC