Cultural institutions are of particular interest to Wikimedians, as they have traditionally carried the responsibilities associated with Wikimedia's mission. Therefore, there are numerous opportunities to advance the Wikimedia mission in partnership with them.
Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums (commonly referred to by the acronym "GLAM") are an important subset of this broad category, and are supported by a growing number of Wikimedians and Wikimedia chapters. There is a central GLAM portal on the Outreach wiki; but some pages are hosted here on Meta for various reasons.
Other cultural institutions include schools and universities, government departments and organizations, and certain non-governmental organizations (a.k.a. NGOs or non-profits).
See also Category:Target audience cultural institutions on the Outreach wiki.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- Cultural institutions/Translations (57 categories)
- Content partnerships (8 categories, 7 pages)
- Educational institutions (5 categories, 24 pages)
- GLAM (28 categories, 89 pages)
- Reading rooms (1 category)
- Wiki Loves Monuments (5 categories, 15 pages)
- Wiki Science Competition (5 pages)
Pages in category "Cultural institutions"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.