|Investigaciones y hallazgos|
|Descubrimiento #1: Acceso|
|Descubrimiento №3: Conciencia|
|Resultado #3: Discovery|
|Resultado #4: Retención|
|Resultado #5: Syndication|
|Actualizaciones de búsqueda|
|FAQ y todas las páginas|
A partir de julio de 2016, el equipo de Nuevos Lectores ha realizado investigaciones en:
The research started with discussions with local community members to direct our lines of investigation, and included phone surveys (over 11000 people), in-person interviews (145+ people), and desk research. Our findings are summarized per country above, and synthesized in the decks and video below across all target regions.
What is your research methodology?
This project follows contextual inquiry, or deep dive researching, based on practices from human-centered design research. We use ethnographic interviews in people’s homes with debriefs done as closely after each interview as possible. For this research, we have two teams of three doing interviews. The teams will share out their debriefs with each other, and identify patterns along the way.
Questions follow an established research protocol and semi-structured interview format. So in Mexico, for instance, we followed this complete research protocol and completed:
- 16 interviews, segmented:
- Participants will vary in their usage of Wikipedia from non-users to frequent readers
- 6 interviews for each age range: age 15-17 / 18-25 / 26-35
- 8 men and 8 women
- 6 with unlimited access to the internet, 6 with moderate access to internet (has access but financial or other considerations limit use), 6 with limited access to the internet (use is occasional and may be dependent on access to other peoples devices and where digital confidence is low)
- 1/3 working, 1/3 in school, 1/3 not working (some parents and some not parents)
- Interview format
- Conducted in participants' language
- Conducted in participants' home, where possible
- 90 minutes, mixed between
- Conversation with structured questions
- Drawing or collage mapping of users ecosystem of technology (devices, connections to the internet, electricity)
- "Remember the future" (more description to come)
- Findings deck summarizing New Readers research in 2016
- Wikimedia Foundation and Reboot New Readers Research - Highlights from Nigeria & India.
Evaluative design research
- Global Reach Insights – insights from phone surveys undertaken by the Wikimedia Foundation's Global Reach team