|Research and findings|
|Finding #1: Access|
|Finding #2: Awareness|
|FAQ and all pages|
The New Readers program focuses on understanding and serving potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the internet is quickly growing. It is a collaboration of the Global Reach, Design Research, Reading, Community Engagement and Communications teams at the Wikimedia Foundation.
This hub will collect work from across the teams to better understand and serve potential new readers.
- Better understand new internet users in countries with developing internet access, who may have limited to no awareness of Wikimedia sites
- Develop user personas that represent common user habits, needs, and behaviors
- Assess and develop potential product, partnership, messaging, and community actions to grow reach and participation in Wikimedia projects from research regions
- Develop programs across the Foundation to better serve readers and potential readers in these regions based on research findings
The New Readers project is a cross-team initiative, reflecting shared research priorities of Readership, Strategic Partnerships, Design Research, Communications, and Community Engagement.
Abbey Ripstra, Lead Design Research Manager
Anne Gomez, Senior Program Manager
Jorge Vargas, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Latin America
Jack Rabah, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Middle East and Africa (International)
Dan Foy, Sr Product Manager
Toby Negrin, Chief Product Officer
Zachary McCune, Global Audiences Manager, Communications
Satdeep Gill, Community Outreach Coordinator (India)
Talk to us
We want to hear from you! Here's how you can get in touch:
- Public mailing list: We share interesting content and announcements. Join us there and share with us.
- Talk page: For general questions/inquiries
- newreaderswikimedia.org: reach the team