This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
This page is kept for historical purposes. It documents the work of the New Readers Program from 2016 - 2019
The New Readers program has been an important part of growing the WMF's understanding of the gaps we need to fill in awareness and use of the Wikimedia projects in Emerging Markets. As a result of the research and initiatives run within the program, the Foundation has integrated work that will represent Emerging Markets in each of its strategic priorities, particularly in growing Worldwide readership and building a thriving movement.
This program has now ended.
As a direct result of this program, a new Product team has started to specifically focus on ways to improve our projects for people in underrepresented geographies, where internet use is growing rapidly.
Thank you to all the communities and WMF staff that were part of making this program a success!
|अनुसंधान और जाँच - परिणाम|
|Outcome #3: Discovery|
|Outcome #4: Retention|
|Outcome #5: Syndication|
|सामान्य प्रश्न तथा सभी पृष्ठ|
The New Readers program focuses on understanding and serving potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the internet is quickly growing. It is a collaboration of the Global Reach, Design Research, Reading, Community Engagement and Communications teams at the Wikimedia Foundation.
This hub will collect work from across the teams to better understand and serve potential new readers. For the latest on what we're doing, please check out the New Readers/Updates page. You can also see up-to-date information about each of the themes at New Readers/Awareness and New Readers/Access.
- इंटरनेट की बढ़ती संख्या वाले देशों के ऐसे इंटरनेट उपयोग करने वालों को अच्छे से समझना, जिन्हें विकिमीडिया के साइटों के बारे में कुछ पता न हो
- Develop user personas that represent common user habits, needs, and behaviors
- Assess and develop potential product, partnership, messaging, and community actions to grow reach and participation in Wikimedia projects from research regions
- Develop programs across the Foundation to better serve readers and potential readers in these regions based on research findings
The New Readers project is a cross-team initiative, reflecting shared research priorities of Readership, Strategic Partnerships, Design Research, Communications, and Community Engagement.
Abbey Ripstra, Lead Design Research Manager
एन्ने गोमेज, कार्यक्रम प्रबन्धक
Jorge Vargas, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Latin America
Jack Rabah, Regional Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Middle East and Africa (International)
Dan Foy, Sr Product Manager
Toby Negrin, Chief Product Officer
Satdeep Gill, Community Outreach Coordinator (India)
Talk to us
We want to hear from you! Here's how you can get in touch:
- Public mailing list: We share interesting content and announcements. Join us there and share with us.
- Talk page: For general questions/inquiries
- newreaderswikimedia.org: reach the team