This group is currently not recognized by the Affiliations Committee. This may be because they are in the process of applying for official status, they may not have been approved, or they may be operating outside the Wikimedia Affiliations system. To find the list of active Wikimedia affiliates, please visit the formal list of Wikimedia Movement Affiliates.
Nigerian Pidgin Wikimedia Community is a group dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects in Nigerian pidgin language.
The group is open to membership by all interested individuals.
- To promote awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Nigerian Pidgin language in Nigeria.
- To establish the development of Wikimedia projects in Nigerian Pidgin language via the Wikimedia incubator, and nurture them to become full projects.
- To promote editing of Wikimedia projects in Nigerian Pidgin language by organizing events and activities, and recruiting new editors.
- To promote the development of structured data among Nigerian Pidgin language editors by utilizing Wikidata.
- To equip editors of projects in Nigerian Pidgin language with the skill and ability for the continuous development of Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings: the group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Trainings/Edit-a-thons: to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests: the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and Trips: the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
Ongoing Planned Activities
- Meetups (Edit-a-thons for Nigerian Pidgin Wikipedia in Incubator): We plan to hold a meetup(physical and virtual) where we will exchange ideas and find ways to contribute to the Nigerian Pidgin contents in incubator. New editors will be trained followed by edit-a-thons on Notable Nigerian women. The meeting is scheduled to hold on 19-Nov-2021. The edit-a-thon is will run from 19-Nov-2021 to 25-Nov-2021.
- Localizing the Nigerian Pidgin Language: This will be the second meetup schedule to translate the mediawiki core messages to Nigerian Pidgin on translatewiki. We plan to hold this from 20-Dec-2021 to 20-Jan-2022.
The usage of Nigerian Pidgin language on Wikidata
- We Look forward to build vocabulary data by adding Nigerian Pidgin lexemes
- Add description under Nigerian Pidgin label (pcm) on Wikidata.
- The idea to create a user group first came out on the 16th of September, 2021 after a month of rigorous activity on the Nigerian Pidgin Wikipedia on incubator
- We sent the application on the 4th of October, 2021.
Simply typing three tildes (~), like this:
~~~ below the numbered list, will automatically generate your signature. You are encoraged to sign-up and be a member. You can also reach out to us by sending a quick mail to email@example.com
- DonKevin (talk)
- Egiebizzy (talk)
- Misteld (talk)
- Yemi festus (talk)
- Biowikician (talk)
- Jonywikis ( talk)
- Jahkuitwill (talk)
- Pingponging (talk)
- Wikitician (talk)
- T-mighty1 (talk)
- Gadarawamo (talk)
- Opeolade (talk)
- Omegor1 (talk)
- Jehson01 (talk)
- Successrace (talk)
- Ydamilola (talk)
- Ugochimobi (talk)
- Akwugo (talk)
- Obonihassan (talk)
- SuperSwift (talk)
- Albertoblaq (talk) 21:00, 12 September 2023 (UTC)