What do we, as organizations and groups working in the Wikimedia movement, need to do to be effective at achieving impact toward our missions?
When we say organizational effectiveness, we are looking at how well organizations are achieving impact for the movement. This means that organizational effectiveness includes all the things that make an organization good at what it does, from strong leadership and systems, to how an organization chooses and does programs that lead to results. In this work, we are looking specifically at groups and organizations (rather than individual volunteers), so we can understand how volunteers and staff work together when they are part of a group or organization.
Call to action!
Do you have ideas about organizational effectiveness, or do you want to become involved? Please contact User:Wolliff (WMF), or sign up here.
- Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 01:27, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- --Ilario (talk) 12:23, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m
- EdSaperia (talk)
- Benchmarking research for Wikimedia
- Results from the first round of the OE tool
- Case studies in organizational effectiveness
- Board governance survey
- Organizational effectiveness tool
- Organizational effectiveness learning center
- Movement-wide Financial Report: a project in progress led by the WMF Finance Fellows to help chapter identify consistent metrics to use across all financial reports.
- Resources about running programs to achieve more impact: Program Evaluation
- Funding from WMF for organizations: Project and Event Grants, Annual Plan Grants
- Outline for discussion at the Wikimedia Conference 2015
- Organisational development: a page started by people in our movement who are thinking about how Wikimedia organizations can develop and what they need, with a focus on support, training and shared learning.
- Chapters Dialogue: study on chapters and their stakeholders led by Wikimedia Deutschland.
On this page, when we refer to Wikimedia organizations, we mean Wikimedia Chapters, Wikimedia Thematic Organizations, and Wikimedia User Groups. This includes both formal incorporated nonprofit organizations and informal groups.