Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Boso Kalongan
Boso Kalongan Wikipedia
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Boso Kalongan|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Kalongan||Language name in English|
|Language name||Boso Kalongan||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q11193477 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Pekalongan (P) ,
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Bahasa Pekalongan, , ||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||boso_kalongan_wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Boso Kalongan Talk||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
|Project logo||File:Boso Kalongan Wikipedia.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||CET (UTC+1)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- If Banyumasan is eligible to create new languages in wikipedia (http://map-bms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaca_Utama) , so do The Boso Kalongan (Pekalongan language), because It's a different language.
- The Boso Kalongan is different than javanese, which use hard words from krama inggil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krama_inggil) and close to solo/surakarta/yogyakarta dialect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surakarta or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogyakarta), and it's different than banyumasan , which use ngapak-ngapak dialect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyumasan_language), and we use our own language, which is Boso Kalongan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javanese_language#Dialects_of_modern_Javanese).
- Total speakers of Boso Kalongan,
- + We can see the population of Pekalongan City, 272,000 peoples in Pekalongan speak Boso Kalongan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekalongan)
- + then we can see the population of Pekalongan Regency (with Kajen as its capital), speaks Boso Kalongan also, which includes: Bojong • Buaran • Doro • Kajen • Kandangserang • Karanganyar • Karangdadap • Kedungwuni • Kesesi • Lebakbarang • Paninggaran • Petungkriono • Siwalan • Sragi • Talun • Tirto • Wiradesa • Wonokerto • Wonopringgo, with population 891.442. (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Pekalongan).
- + then we can see regencies near Pekalongan City and Pekalongan Regencies, such as Batang Regency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batang_Regency) with population 694,000 peoples, also speak Boso Kalongan, because in the past Batang Regency is the part of Pekalongan Regency.
- + And Population in The East Part of Pemalang Regency, such as Petarukan, Comal, Ulujami, Ampelgading and Bodeh, speak boso Kalongan (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Pemalang), +/- 500,000
- + Some Part / A lot of peoples from Kendal Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Kendal), Temanggung Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Temanggung), Kebumen Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Kebumen) also speak Boso Kalongan.
- + Pekalongan-born peoples, or have lived in Pekalongan, in other regency/city/overseas
@ So the Total Speakers of Boso Kalongan is around +/- 3,000,000 peoples
- Pekalongan is port city so Pekalongan's population is made up of several ethnic groups, Javanese, Arabs, Chinese and other small ethnics. This make Boso Kalongan is unique and rich, Boso Kalongan mix with Javanese, Indonesia, Chinese, Hokkien, Cantonese, Arabic, and with loanwords from some Dutch Language, such as,
- Brug (dutch) / Bruk (boso kalongan) -> Jembatan (indonesia) -> Bridge (English) --> Place name : Brug Loji (near catholic st. petrus (st. peter) church Pekalongan.
- Kerkhoff(dutch) = Kerkop (boso kalongan) = Kuburan (bahasa Indonesia) --> Place Name : Kerkop Mbeji
- jepek, sejeng, nojeng (chinese/Hokkien)
- rahat, jadam, harim (arab)
- Nggratak, Nggaya (indonesia)
- Boso Kalongan in Media/Culture
- Kumpulan Kata-kata yang terlupakan dari Pekalongan(http://juanda01.multiply.com/reviews/item/8)
- Raprox (Rap/Rocks Band) http://www.reverbnation.com/raprox
- http://www.reverbnation.com/raprox#!/page_object/page_object_comments/artist_595707 (Some Lyrics using Krama Inggil)
Website / Online Dictionary
- Kamus Boso Kalongan (Kamus Bahasa Pekalongan/Pekalongan Dictionary) (http://bahasapekalongan.blogspot.com/)
- It's hard for Pekalongan Peoples (especially the younger generation) to understand Basa jawa with krama inggil (http://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaca_Utama) or Basa Banyumasan (http://map-bms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaca_Utama), because Pekalongan Peoples talk in Boso Kalongan in everyday life, Now it's hard to find younger People in Pekalongan speak krama inggil.
- Because Javanese it's consists of three level, ngoko, madya and krama, and Javanese Wikipedia (http://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaca_Utama), use level 3, which is krama. And Boso Kalongan included in Level 1, ngoko, but it's still quite different, because the standard javanese is based on Surakarta & Yogyakarta dialect/language.
for example the Surakarta/Yogyakarta or Banyumas or Other Peoples knowing javanese Ngoko translate the Boso Kalongan, like the article published by Suara Merdeka Newspapers (http://suaramerdeka.com/v1/index.php/read/cetak/2010/12/26/133306/Congor-Boyo-Kali-Loji) , it's hard for them to understand Boso Kalongan, or even they don't understand at all.
- There are +/- 3 millions people with Boso Kalongan knowledge, but with less literatures, so it's time to develop Boso Kalongan.
- Boso Kalongan has a little / less literatures, so with Boso Kalongan Wikipedia, we can improve, develop, share, and keeping the Boso Kalongan alive to our younger generation. And also through the literatures we can introduce our language to the world, and we hope with Boso Kalongan Wikipedia we can stimulate Peoples with Boso Kalongan-Knowing to make books , literature, lyrics, song, articles, poetry, in Boso Kalongan, so the Boso Kalongan will growing and evolved. (and we hope the others will interested to learn Boso Kalongan).
- Boso Kalongan in Others Name
Boso Pekalongan, dialek pekalongan, pekalongan language, pekalongan dialect, kalongan dialect, kalongan language, pantura language, pantura dialect, dialek pantura, boso pantura, bahasa jawa pekalongan, dialek jawa pekalongan, javanese pekalongan dialect, javanese pekalongan language.
Please Support Boso Kalongan
- Support Pekalongan (UTC)
Arguments in favour
- No ISO 639 code. StevenJ81 (talk) 19:24, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose per above. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 08:14, 22 July 2017 (UTC)