- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- Total speakers of Boso Kalongan,
- + We can see the population of Pekalongan City, 272,000 peoples in Pekalongan speak Boso Kalongan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekalongan)
- + then we can see the population of Pekalongan Regency (with Kajen as its capital), speaks Boso Kalongan also, which includes: Bojong • Buaran • Doro • Kajen • Kandangserang • Karanganyar • Karangdadap • Kedungwuni • Kesesi • Lebakbarang • Paninggaran • Petungkriono • Siwalan • Sragi • Talun • Tirto • Wiradesa • Wonokerto • Wonopringgo, with population 891.442. (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Pekalongan).
- + then we can see regencies near Pekalongan City and Pekalongan Regencies, such as Batang Regency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batang_Regency) with population 694,000 peoples, also speak Boso Kalongan, because in the past Batang Regency is the part of Pekalongan Regency.
- + And Population in The East Part of Pemalang Regency, such as Petarukan, Comal, Ulujami, Ampelgading and Bodeh, speak boso Kalongan (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Pemalang), +/- 500,000
- + Some Part / A lot of peoples from Kendal Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Kendal), Temanggung Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Temanggung), Kebumen Regency (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Kebumen) also speak Boso Kalongan.
- + Pekalongan-born peoples, or have lived in Pekalongan, in other regency/city/overseas
@ So the Total Speakers of Boso Kalongan is around +/- 3,000,000 peoples
- Pekalongan is port city so Pekalongan's population is made up of several ethnic groups, Javanese, Arabs, Chinese and other small ethnics. This make Boso Kalongan is unique and rich, Boso Kalongan mix with Javanese, Indonesia, Chinese, Hokkien, Cantonese, Arabic, and with loanwords from some Dutch Language, such as,
- Brug (dutch) / Bruk (boso kalongan) -> Jembatan (indonesia) -> Bridge (English) --> Place name : Brug Loji (near catholic st. petrus (st. peter) church Pekalongan.
- Kerkhoff(dutch) = Kerkop (boso kalongan) = Kuburan (bahasa Indonesia) --> Place Name : Kerkop Mbeji
- jepek, sejeng, nojeng (chinese/Hokkien)
- rahat, jadam, harim (arab)
- Nggratak, Nggaya (indonesia)
- Boso Kalongan in Media/Culture
Website / Online Dictionary
- Because Javanese it's consists of three level, ngoko, madya and krama, and Javanese Wikipedia (http://jv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaca_Utama), use level 3, which is krama. And Boso Kalongan included in Level 1, ngoko, but it's still quite different, because the standard javanese is based on Surakarta & Yogyakarta dialect/language.
for example the Surakarta/Yogyakarta or Banyumas or Other Peoples knowing javanese Ngoko translate the Boso Kalongan, like the article published by Suara Merdeka Newspapers (http://suaramerdeka.com/v1/index.php/read/cetak/2010/12/26/133306/Congor-Boyo-Kali-Loji) , it's hard for them to understand Boso Kalongan, or even they don't understand at all.
- There are +/- 3 millions people with Boso Kalongan knowledge, but with less literatures, so it's time to develop Boso Kalongan.
- Boso Kalongan has a little / less literatures, so with Boso Kalongan Wikipedia, we can improve, develop, share, and keeping the Boso Kalongan alive to our younger generation. And also through the literatures we can introduce our language to the world, and we hope with Boso Kalongan Wikipedia we can stimulate Peoples with Boso Kalongan-Knowing to make books , literature, lyrics, song, articles, poetry, in Boso Kalongan, so the Boso Kalongan will growing and evolved. (and we hope the others will interested to learn Boso Kalongan).
- Boso Kalongan in Others Name
Boso Pekalongan, dialek pekalongan, pekalongan language, pekalongan dialect, kalongan dialect, kalongan language, pantura language, pantura dialect, dialek pantura, boso pantura, bahasa jawa pekalongan, dialek jawa pekalongan, javanese pekalongan dialect, javanese pekalongan language.
Please Support Boso Kalongan
Arguments in favour
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.