Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Kupang Malay
See also the second request
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Kupang Malay|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mkn (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Kupang Malay||Language name in English|
|Language name||Melayu Kupang||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q18458203 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kupang||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
The Kupang Malay language is the most spoken language in West Timor, including some parts of Flores Island, Alor Island, Sumba Island, and a few more islands on the Islands of East Nusa Tenggara province in Indonesia. It has around 200.000 spokers in 1997, and it's growing every year. Making the Wikipedia of its own would be a good idea. I got this idea from other Indonesian regional languages, such as Javanese Wikipedia, Minangkabau Wikipedia, Bali Wikipedia, and a few more. From that, I started to think, "why can't I create my own language Wikipedia?". So, please create this Wikipedia language as it will help some people that doesn't understand many of the Indonesian words very good. So, in order to help many other people, I decided to make this Wikipedia language, to rich out all the people in East Nusa Tenggara, and parts of the Eastern Indonesia (because they speak nearly-same language as Kupang Malay).
Main Page: incubator:Wp/mkn/Laman Utama (note that it has not been finished yet) --JollyFrankle (talk) 11:28, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose Should better be written within Malay Wikipedia. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:00, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.