Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Laki
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Laki|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||lki (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Laki||Language name in English|
|Language name||لەکی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56483 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||TheMilad (N), hosseinblue (NP), Setenlyacc (NP), blackandblack(N), iraniahaman(N), Budelberger(N), Sajadlor(N), Mogoeilor(N),Bonevarluri(N), Lurvand(N), علی ساکی لرستانی(N), MiladRahimi93 (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||ویکیپدیا||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکیپدیای لەکی||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||گەپ||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Laki-logo.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Tehran||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Page: ورق, Page talk: گپ داین, Index: فیرست, Index talk: فیرست گپ||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||This language has a Latin and Arabic Script. لکی and Laki.||Anything else that should be set|
Laki is a dialect of Kurdish language . Laki is a language of about 1.5 million people (2000 year)that live in west of iran and some city of east of iraq. This language is ancient language in persia and traced back to Sasanian era that its alive still. I wondered from lack of this language in Wikipedia so I request laki language for wikipedia to help lak people and wikipedia development. The Lak poets always introduce their self as a Kurd like Colonel Dudan , Mullah Parishan , Khan Almas , TurkAmir Azad Bakht , Sha Mobarek(Sha Khweshin)
شاخوەشین لەک__ ئەسڵەنم ژە کورد ئەسڵەنم ژە کورد بابم کوردێوەن ئەسڵەنم ژە کورد
سەرھەنگ دودان لەک__ ئەز کە ناممەن سەرھەنگ دودان مەکۆشم پەرێ ئایین کوردان
تورکەمیر ئازادبەخت لەک__ تورکەمیر نە تورک و نە عەرەولەفزم کورد کەم سەوات حافزئەلحەفزم
مەلاپەرێشان لەک__ ھەرچەن مەھاوردم دەلیل ژە قورئان مەواتێ یاڵاندەر کورد یوخدور ئیمان
Laki, This vernacular is just a major dialect of Gurâni and is treated here separately not on linguistic grounds, but ethnological. The speakers of Laki have been steadily pulling away from the main body of Kurds, increasingly associating with their neighbouring ethnic group, the Lurs. The phenomenon is most visible among the educated Laks and the urbanites the countryside, the commoners still consider themselves Kurds in regions bordering other parts of Kurdistan, and Laks or Lurs where they border the Lurs. The process is a valuable living example of the dynamics through which the entire southern Zagros has been permanently lost by the Kurds since the late medieval period: an ethnic metamorphosis that converted the Lurs, Celus, Mamasanis, and Shabankdras into a new ethnic group (the greater Lurish ethnic group), independent of the Kurds.
Laki is presently spoken in the areas south of Hamadân and including the towns of Nahawand, Tuisirkân, Nurâbâd, Ilâm, Gelân, and Pahla (Pehle), as well as the countryside in the districts of Horru, Selasela, Silâkhur, and the northern Alishtar in western Iran. There are also major Laki colonies spread from Khurâsân to the Mediterranean Sea. Pockets of Laki speakers are found in Azerbaijan, the Alburz mountains, the Caspian coastal region, the Khurasani enclave (as far south as Birjand), the mountainous land between Qum and Kâshân, and the region between Adiyaman and the Ceyhan river in far western Kurdistan in Anatolia. There are also many Kurdish tribes named Lak who now speak other Kurdish dialects (or other languages altogether) and are found from Adana to central Anatolia in Turkey, in Daghistân in the Russian Caucasus, and from Ahar to the suburbs of Teheran in Iran.
The syntax and vocabulary of Laki have been profoundly altered by Luri, itself an offshoot of New Persian, a Southwest Iranic language. The basic grammar and verb systems of Laki are, like in all other Kurdish dialects, clearly Northwest Iranic. This relationship is further affirmed by remnants in Laki of the Kurdish grammatical hallmark, the ergative construction. The Laki language is therefore fundamentally different from Luri, and sin-iilar to Kurdish.
There are at least 1.5 million Laki speakers at present, and possibly many more, as they are often counted as Lurs.
The Kurds, A Concise Handbook, By Dr. Mehrdad R. Izady, Dep. of Near Easter Languages and Civilazation Harvard University, USA, 1992
Arguments in favor
- SupportTheMilad This project confirms that Laki is language which can be one of official Wikipedia languages. Obviously the main domain (lki.wikipedia.org) encourage Lak people to extend this language in Wikimedia better than ever.
- SupportThe laki language is the best Iranians language because of its best pronounciation.it was very good to have its own wiki to allow people around the world to taste this language.this
- SupportE THP (talk) 05:14, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
- SupportAmir a57 Laki language and a living language used in iran the Chhardoli the people there.--Amir a57 (talk) 19:14, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
- Support Ταπυροι (گپ) 15:29, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support Mjbmr (discussion • contribs) 05:12, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Bilijacks (talk) 08:33, 25 October 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Sherzada (talk) 04:52, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Abtin71 (talk) lak people are west iran and some of them in state ghazvin and khorasan and kerman and hamedan (main in asadabad and nahavand and malayer )and markazi a gilan south ... but many lak people in iraq kuredsatn are magrate at date ghajar and other gaverment . lak people in iran are 9 county at west iran:kuhdash ,delfan,alashtar,chegeni,beyranshar,dareshar,abdanan,shirvan chardawol,harsin ,sahane,kermansh(mahidashan and kangavar and ect )...any of counties are 300-600 papulation ....i hope create lki.wikipedia.org --Abtin71 (talk)
- Support --Hosseinblue (talk) thank you for create The laki language in test wiki of the Wikimedia Incubator we cmplate translation almost but is not exist in list wiki languge Although i cmplate Requirements too ...please help us --Hosseinblue (talk)
- Support hi firend ..im lak--Gelarabela (talk)
- Support laki is a great languge and have a many book and POETRY and ect --Yegelakor (talk)
- Support im so happy for this laki wiki ....so thank --Arminnaz71 (talk)
- Support Geldarlaki (talk) how to help to create wiki laki. tell me in discation me ...thank you all
- Support Sawerinme (talk)
- Support Chamsialakestan (talk)
- Support i am lak in lorestan province --Papola1997 (talk)
- Support--Wikilakzon (talk) 19:06, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support--homayonlakestani (talk)
- Support--lakilang laki is the great languge and have some of the word is equal by old iranian and kasi and pahlavi langue and avestai ...For example difference by kurdi and luri and persian :en=baby*fa=بچه*ku=منال*luri=وه چه*lki=آیل ... And more ... For save and advance this languge and create articles Please help us (talk)
- Support --Lakzon (talk) lki languge have 4 dialect for lak people:1-laki kermashani (3 county inclusive =harsin,sahane and parts of kermanshah and mahidash)2-laki kakavandi and oladghobadi and etivan and rashno and garavand and tarhani and chavari and mirbag and...3-laki kolivani and alashtari ...4-laki ilam(seymare) --Lakzon (talk)
- Support--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 12:44, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support--shirezard hi.the laki is the beautifull languge and have many people speak with him . Laki able to have a wikipedia?
- Support The Main page has been improved when compared to a few days ago. As of this date, it has 1,492 articles; although it is not yet on the top ten Test Wikipedias with the most articles but it is still growing.... --Jose77 (talk) 09:39, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support--IVIOHSEN Lak Laki is considered a dialect of Kurdish language,Laki is presently spoken in the areas south of Hamadân and including the towns of Nahawand, Tuisirkân, Nurâbâd, Ilâm, Gelân, and Pahla (Pehle), as well as the countryside in the districts of Horru, Selasela, Silâkhur, and the northern Alishtar in western Iran. There are also major Laki colonies spread from Khurâsân to the Mediterranean Sea. Pockets of Laki speakers are found in Azerbaijan, the Alburz mountains, the Caspian coastal region, the Khurasani enclave (as far south as Birjand), the mountainous land between Qum and Kâshân, and the region between Adiyaman and the Ceyhan river in far western Kurdistan in Anatolia. There are also many Kurdish tribes named Lak who now speak other Kurdish dialects (or other languages altogether) and are found from Adana to central Anatolia in Turkey
- Support زبان لکی یکی از زبان های هندواروپایی است —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hadilak (talk) 23:20, 17 January 2018
- Oppose Bodhdharma (talk) 11:37, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Weak oppose. The test looks promising at first, but a closer look to its contents reveals that most pages are actually nothing more than one-sentence stubs, such as  and . I would very much like to see a bigger effort in creating quality pages than the creation of a million stubs with virtually no contents. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 16:50, 27 December 2015 (UTC)