Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Papuan Malay
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Papuan Malay|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||pmy (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Papuan Malay||Language name in English|
|Language name||Babasah Papua||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q12473446 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Singapore||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Weak support - Papuan Malay is the lingua franca of West Papua, spoken by approximately 500K people. It is a Malay creole developed from contact between traders, perhaps from old Ambon or Ternate, and Native Papuans. It is different from Standard Indonesian that is used mainly by the transmigrants. Papuan Malay is spoken mainly as L2 by Native Papuans, and is celebrated as part of West Papuan identity. However, I would like to note that there is no standard form of this language, so it will be better if there is a reference (either grammar book or dictionary) that cover this. - User:Masjawad99 (talk) 03:32, 27 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose - Javanese colonialism? -MacRusgail (talk) 16:29, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose Should better be written within Malay Wikipedia. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 05:00, 28 June 2018 (UTC)