Show your audience the numbers
Show people some statistics about Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. The numbers are impressive and they tend to increase the sense of importance of the subject and thus the interest in your presentation.
Make your audience realize the large influence that Wikipedia, as the single most used reference work in the world, has on today's knowledge. It will make it easier for people to understand why it is so important to invest in a healthy and diverse community. And of course, why they should contribute themselves.
You can find Wikipedia statistics here. Numbers that might be interesting include:
- Total number of articles
- Page views per month
- Total number of contributors
Was this recommendation helpful?
Please add your signature below if you think this recommendation was helpful
- Thanks, that's a very valuable point. --Frank Schulenburg 17:01, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, really useful, sometimes you forget about it --Kippelboy 18:05, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, will definitely do it! --Slashme (talk) 19:02, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
- Ochilov (talk) 17:05, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Lechatjaune (talk) 14:24, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- A lot helpful. Ruy Pugliesi◥ 19:39, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- Shai-WMIL (talk) 11:11, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Please add your signature below if you think this recommendation was not helpful. Add a short comment why.
Tell people about our vision – Tell people how you have benefited from contributing to Wikipedia – Tell people why Wikipedia needs their help – Some themes that might be interesting to build your presentation around