Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Arunsunilkollam
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I have been editing and creating articles in Malayalam Wikipedia since 2013. My contributions can be seen in other wikimedia projects such as English wikipedia, wikidata, commons etc.
- I have created more than 200 articles (total 780+ pages) in Malayalam Wikipedia and 4 articles in English Wikipedia. Majority of these articles are based on current events. I have also created a good number of articles which are locally relevent. (Eg: 73 articles about Kollam district)
- 4900+ edits in Malayalam Wikipedia and 5600+ edits in global. (Edit counter). All my edits upto this moment are created from a mobile phone.
- I have participated in many editathons such as Wikipedia Asian Months, International women's day editathons, Geographical Indication editathon, Wikipedia Thousand wiki lights etc in Malayalam Wikipedia (links : TWL, WAM2017, WHMIN16, 14th birthday editathon, WAM2015, MALABAR2015) and created many articles and edits. (Note : My user name Arunsunilkollam may be displayed as അരുണ് സുനില് കൊല്ലം in those pages)
- My active participation helped me to become a patroller, rollbacker and Administrator in Malayalam Wikipedia.
- See my contributions in wikimedia commons
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
I have been using a mobile phone to edit Wikipedia since 2013 (account creation). It is very difficult to utilize my editing skills with a mobile phone of small screen size and a slow internet connection (2G internet). My phone is Samsung galaxy Star (GTS5282), a 2G smart phone with limited facilities. It is very difficult to edit in a small screen interface. I cannot buy a laptop due to insufficient financial background. If I get a laptop/computer, I can contribute more to Wikipedia
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I will create more articles and more edits.
- I shall continue to participate in editathons.
- I will participate in 100 Wikidays challenge.
- I will contribute to wikipedia as much as I can.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support --Ranjithsiji (talk) 02:46, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Akhiljaxxn (talk) 04:30, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Despite his highly limited means of facilities (due to lack of both the appropriate hardware and internet connection and free time, being a college student), Arun has contributed tremendously to Malayalam Wikipedia in the last few years.I strongly support and endorse his application. ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 05:55, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support He is very much active in Malayalam Wikipedia. He can make more edits with a laptop and a fast internet connection.--Faizy F Attingal (talk) 09:15, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Malikaveedu (talk) 20:19, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support He is a very active contributor. It will be useful to wikipedia if he gets a laptop.--Kerala Lilliput (talk) 09:06, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Vengolis (talk) 15:56, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Vinayaraj (talk) 16:38, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Shajiarikkad (talk) 16:45, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sai K shanmugam (talk) 17:20, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Kannan Shanmugam (talk) 17:29, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Kiran Gopi (talk) 04:04, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Jee 11:24, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Meenakshi nandhini (talk) 10:15, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Abijith k.a (talk) 11:02, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Mpmanoj (talk) 17:42, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Akhilan (talk) 14:21, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Arjunkmohan (talk) 15:38, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Sreejithkoiloth (talk) 11:38, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Sanu N (talk) 13:46, 20 February 2018 (UTC)