Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/IM3847
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Most of my works are in English Wikipedia. I’ve made around 13,000 edits on enwiki and uploaded more than a 1000 files on Commons and wiki. Xtools : https://xtools.wmflabs.org/ec/en.wikipedia.org/IM3847
- I’ve even translated a few articles from English to Telugu and also worked on simple english wiki
- Iam proud of participating in competitions like Wikipedia Asian Month and Wiki Loves Monuments
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- My edits per month had reached almost more than 500 during last year, but my previous laptop was anonymously stolen. I was not even able to made more than 100 from this december. Although Iam using my mobile for editing, it strains my eyes a lot compared to my PC and Uploading pictures to commons is lot harder than in PC.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- Iam sure that I can contribute to wiki just like I’ve done in last year i.e., can make more than 500 good faith edits per month and I’ll upload more than 1000 images which are on my mobile.
- I’ll create village articles just like I did it in last year, since most of the users neglect villages in India.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support One of the most active contributors to English Wikipedia, working on content related to India. The user has done a lot of good work on geography related articles, especially on those of Andhra Pradesh. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 18:29, 13 February 2018 (UTC)