Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/JogiAsad
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
- jogiasad.sdwiki [at]gmail. Com
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- ...I am contributor on Wikipedia, Meta wiki, wikicommons, wiktionary in Sindhi, Urdu and English versions.
- 5065 edits on English Wikipedia,
- 4006 edits on meta.wiki,
- 10,283 edits on Sindhi Wikipedia (most active on this wiki having sysop rights).
- All these statistics can be viewed Click This Stalktoy tool
- ...My user page On Sindhi Wikipedia, English Wikipedia,
- ...My contributions can be gauged by xtool as well and Global Edits
- Iam Local Guide on Google Maps level 4 Asad Ali Jogi; besides this I am also translator on Google translate for Sindhi and Urdu.
- I have also translated on TranslateWiki (User:JogiAsad) and Jogi don
What type of support you need
- To continuously contribute and constantly perform tasks on Wikis; I need a Laptop (hardware support and internet stipend) because, I've neither a PC nor a Laptop to edit Wikipedia and continue my contributions for Wikimedia projects, i.e. Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wiki.meta, WikiCommons and other related Wikis.
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- I have contributed in Wiki projects hours of hour, during my office free time and then I was fired from job, and couldn't buy a laptop; still I am jobless and not in a position to buy a laptop to contribute actively in Wiki project.
- In Sindhi community we have some active members with appreciable contribution on wiki, and I am one of them, so assistance of resources (computers,internet connection, good camera and other hardwares/softwares) will really enhance my contribution.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I'll strive to achieve 100,000+ edits on all Wikis. I am admin at sdwiki, and would use it to actively perform duties as an admin, contribute in many Wikis, besides my local wiki, my contributions will be higher than now and As a volunteer to prepare more new users, as I am awaring people in Pakistan about Wikipedia awareness.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support--مھتاب احمد (talk) 08:17, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Arif80s (talk) 11:52, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Muhammad Umair Mirza Muhammad Umair Mirza 11:06, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
Oppose because it is 'Indian Language Wikipedias Program'--Bukhari (Talk!) 13:18, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Comment, Sindhi language is also among 23 national languages of India, so therefore Sindhi Wikipedia is also in Jurisduction of India. JogiAsad (talk) 16:27, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Mr. Asad Jogi is very dedicated user on wikipedia. Laptop will definately increase his productivity. --Ameen Akbar (talk) 19:31, 12 February 2018 (UTC)