Talk:Brazil Program/Education program/Learning
Post on different notice boards (which ones?)
- We don't have relevant notice boards. I think village pump it's enough.OTAVIO1981 (talk) 20:30, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Question: how to most effectively use the expertise of the community?
how to elicit the help of the community?
- Something useful is centralize in one point like café dos novatos.OTAVIO1981 (talk) 20:30, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
can we offer a "reward" to those students who successfully choose a Wiki assignment? Or is there another incentive?
could we direct students to the articles that still have gaps in them following the Grand Prix?
- No. Articles must be selected by teachers because it depends of ther methodology. We shouldn't push students to hard to colaborate.OTAVIO1981 (talk) 20:30, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
are there WikiProjects in pt.wp?
I know we had said 200 students for the size of the program, but now i'm wondering if we focus instead on 100?
- It's a very important point don't expand this project before engage community properly and evaluate all problems that might happen.OTAVIO1981 (talk) 20:30, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Model for the wiki assignments:
I think it's becoming clear that create articles at sandbox and merge at the end of the semester could flood community with a lot of extra work when education program get huge. At some point we should start to edit at the mainspace directly and the question is when we should try this? There's two points relevant points: what articles students will edit and how many help teachers are expecting from community. 1) For articles already created (i.e. it will be improved by students), there's a few or even none probability to be deleted by community so if a teacher wants to improve just content already created we should analyze the possibility to edit directly at the mainspace. If teacher want to create new content we should first of all analyze what kind of article they want to create and if it is clearly acceptable to wikipedia guidelines. If it's not, we should discuss with this teacher and use sandbox as we did this semester. 2) It's a really open question to teachers and if they don't want help from community we shouldn't use the main space.OTAVIO1981 (talk) 16:29, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Would it be helpful to share more specific elements of practice, which aren't currently captured and reported on? -- templates and roadmaps for each step in the proess, and exampes / types of challenges faced?
- Is there a more specific set of materials that are needed but don't currently exist? Is it easy to check whether similar materials exist in other languages?
- Was there ever a specific request for extra support that would make this process easier the next time it is done?