- Remember Adrianne Wadewitz and Cynthia Ashley-Nelson
- Positive news: a majority of editors of the Armenian Wikipedia is female
- Sociologist Christian Bröer of University of Amsterdam is doing a Crowdfindings research
His students journal about editing Wikipedia and report about their feelings and emotions while doing so Fear and shame inhibit editing. How to deal with these emotions? In the current phase he continues experimenting with other approaches to reduce fear and have his students journal about their experiences. To be continued
- Last weekend I met a woman with a Phd who was just too intimidated to start editing English Wikipedia, while being a manager and accustomed to presenting in front of large audiences. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 18:06, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
Diversity dialogue during Wikimania London
I was wondering if it would be possible for us to conduct a diversity dialogue while at Wikimania, London. I find that many participants of Diversity Conference, Berlin are attending Wikimania this year. We may additionally invite other attendees to participate in the dialogue. We could schedule the meetup in one of the conference rooms at the venue, and put up the open invite on Wikimania wiki. I am ready to arrange this in my capacity as a volunteer. Let us take this forward if many of us are interested. --Netha Hussain (talk) 17:03, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- +1 Netha. I will try to join virtually if we are going ahead with this dialogue. Cheers!--Visdaviva (talk) 09:41, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- +1 Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 13:30, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- +1 --Mssemantics (talk) 18:31, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- +1 --Pakeha (talk) 20:57, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
- +1 Michal Lester לסטר (talk) 19:32, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
- +1 Valentin Muenscher (WMDE) (talk) 10:13, 4 August 2014 (UTC) I will have paper copys of "charting diversity" with me. Furthermore, I'll arrange "office hours", if you want to talk to me about it - please check my wikimania user side for it.
- There will not be a follow up of the Diversity conference in London during Wikimania organized by me or WM-DE. However, there will be plenty of opportunities to start conversations regarding diversity as many of the attendees of the Diversity conference will be in London in August. I am also told that the publication by WM-DE titled "Charting Diversity - Working together towards diversity" will be available for reference at Wikimania. I also welcome everyone to attend the session Diversity Workshop: Gender gap strategy into action, hosted by Siko, Emily, me and others which many be directly relevant for most of the participants of the Diversity Conference. Further, I found these diversity-related sessions interesting :
- Gender and beyond: Building Diversity in he Digitial Space
- Where's the T in Wikimedia's Diversity
- Lives and deaths of Wikimedia projects in a minority language
- Creative Ways to alienate women online: A how to guide for WIkipedians
- Systemic bias workshop development
No it should be 18.00 o´clock Amsterdam time!
Berlin and Amsterdam are in the same time zone and we scheduled the meeting for 6pm. The time zones are rather confusing, especially with summer time right now. GMT is the same as UTC. Therefore Amsterdam and Berlin are UTC+1, but with the summer time the correct phrasing is also UTC+2.