Talk:Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)
GLOW is nice name, fittingly named for the event to boost local language content Few Opens
- Fountain Tool used last year was not considering anything that wasn't Plain Text. Tables, Charts & etc. There was talk of getting this fixed by engaging with Le Loy, who built the tool. There was been silence on that end. It'd help to get that fixed.
- @Mallikarjunasj: We are in discussion with the WMF team members and trying to fix these issues. Hope to have a better tool for the evaluation this time. --Ananth (CIS-A2K) (talk) 13:19, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Gitartha.bordoloi:You can see the Topics suggested by Google at - Writing Contest-Topics . Topics for a few of the languages are in the process of updating to the meta page. --Ananth (CIS-A2K) (talk) 14:45, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Gitartha.bordoloi: Assamese Topics has been updated, based on which community can start creating the list. --Ananth (CIS-A2K) (talk) 03:32, 3 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Ananth: Can we write on topic which are not suggested by Google but related to India? What are the guidelines please. Faismeen 17:25, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yes you can choose the topics which are not suggested by Google. But this community-curated list should be prepared with the discussion and then finalise the list before the writing contest begins.--Ananth (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:35, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
w:ta:விக்கிப்பீடியா:வேங்கைத் திட்டம் 2.0 This is the project page of ta.wiki. To which Wikidata item, i should make the link. If all the Indic language's projects linked, that will be good. --Info-farmer (talk) 02:58, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Info-farmer:You can see the Wikidata links below, please use the respective items to link from the native languages.
- Thanks,brother. I used the two(d:Q67085193, d:Q66684690) items--Info-farmer (talk) 10:15, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
Movement Strategy - What Are Your Choices For Implementation
Hello Project Tiger friends,
The time has come to put Strategy into work and everyone's invited to participate.
The Movement Strategy Design Group and Support Team are inviting you to organize virtual meetings with your community and colleagues before the end of October. The aim is for you to decide what ideas from the Movement Strategy recommendations respond to your needs and will have an impact in the movement. The recommendations are available in different formats and in many languages. There are 10 awesome recommendations and close to 50 recommended changes and actions or initiatives. Not everything will be implemented. The aim of prioritization is to create an 18-month implementation plan to take some of the initiatives forward starting in 2021.
Regional and thematic platforms are great ways to prepare and share ideas. Prioritization is at the level of your group, affiliate, and community. Think local and relevant! Afterwards, we will come together in November to co-create the implementation plan. More information about November’s global events will be shared soon. For now and until the end of October, organize locally and share your priorities with us.
You can find guidance for the events, the simple reporting template, and other supporting materials here on Meta. You can share your results directly on Meta, by email, or by filling out this survey. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or comments, strategy2030wikimedia.org
We will be hosting office hours to answer any questions you might have, Thursday October 1 at 14.00 UTC (Google Meet).