Sortable wikitable ?
Scope and renaming
The current page de facto focus on global hackathons and nearly ignore regional ones. Following current contents I propose the following :
- Focus on global, official hackathons : the yearly Wikimania Hackathon and Wikimedia Hackathon.
- Create sections accordingly : 1. Global hackathons ; 2. Regional hackathons
- For Regional hackathons, redirect to mw:Category:MediaWiki developer meetings.
- @Yug: Hmm. Good questions. I do worry about documentation fragmentation (forking). The main listing with abundant details is at mw:Hackathons/Previous hackathons (I've now added a link to that, on this project page). I think it would be best to focus on improving that page, instead of duplicating efforts here.
- I think having the event-list in the same place as the mw:Hackathons/Handbook is vitally important.
- Currently, everything else is located at mediawiki-wiki, so I think it makes the most sense to change this page into a soft-redirect (or a permanent stub) pointing there.
- Hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 00:02, 27 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Quiddity (WMF): hello. It's really nice ! I see no reason to keep Hackathon, soft redirect is good idea : let's focus efforts on a single page.
- It may be wise to check if no data is lost, but let's do it.
I don't see Amsterdam 2011 in mw:Hackathons/Previous_hackathons#List.
- Done It may also be interesting on meta to rename Hackathons/Previous_hackathons into Hackathons/List so it can include active and coming ones. Yug (talk) 19:20, 31 January 2021 (UTC)