Talk:List of largest wikis
- 1 Gospell
- 2 Counts at MediaWikis not actually
- 3 WikiRespuestas
- 4 Sportipedia
- 5 Remove zikkir.com
- 6 Wikidata
- 7 Coin Compendium
- 8 lyrics.wikia.com
- 9 List of largest other wikis
- 10 Adding Yellpedia
- 11 Official location for noting corrections to the wikistats list?
- 12 Wiki Sporting
- 13 UESP Wiki
- 14 Memory Alpha
- 15 The Third Turn
- 16 All The Tropes
- 17 List of largest other wikis
- 18 Include number of Active Users
- 19 Wikia wikis
- 20 Request for adding Librewiki
- 21 Could someone add All The Tropes (and other wikis hosted at Miraheze)?
Can someone take a look at the stats at Gospell - and add it to the list of largest other wikis? It's a wiki for Christian music that (currently) has 19k+ articles, and it's around a month old.
Counts at MediaWikis not actually
for examples: no. 244 perrypedia.de: goods actually more than 25.393! Is the mistake by the mediawiki-software version 18.1 (its changes few days before)?! Thanks for checking.Greetings 25.02.12
I was wondering why wikis like "respostas.wikia" and "reponses.wikia" made it to the list but yet a much bigger wiki WikiRespuestas had not been added. But I see that it needs to be requested. Can you please add it? It is 642,054 pages strong and counting. Thanks! --Molokaicreeper 07:43, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
I suggest to remove http://www.zikkir.com/words/, currently in third position. All random pages I examined were copied from either en.wikipedia or en.wiktionary. None of the pages had any attribution to the source so they break the license. Most pages were partially broken due to missing templates, missing images, interlanguage links shown as red links at the bottom, lots of red links which are blue in the Wikimedia pages, and various formatting errors. Compare for example http://zikkir.com/words/index.php?title=R._J._Swindle and w:R. J. Swindle. PrimeHunter (talk) 03:43, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Technically spoken, Zikkir is a wiki of its own, so it will remain in the statistics. We do not judge upon the content. RobiH (talk) 08:11, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
The Coin Compendium reached 53,000 content pages today. If size is a criteria for inclusion in this list, it is definitely one of the bigger ones. See the statistics:
It's also a Semantic MediaWiki. It's probably one of just a handful of SMW wikis that are as big or bigger.
Could someone in charge please fix LyricWiki? It checks for http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Statistics&action=raw, which is of course wrong. It should check for http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Statistics?action=raw, or even better http://lyrics.wikia.com/Special:Statistics?action=raw because LyricWiki does not use the /wiki/ compound. - LWChris (talk) 14:02, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately neither of the links ending in action=raw actually output "raw" numbers anymore, but instead the regular Special:Statistics text page. Instead we should use http://lyrics.wikia.com/api.php. Said that, the link you mention is not actually being used, either it's a glitch in what is displayed to you but not actually used by the update script or you got it from the old s23.org site or before a fix meanwhile. Mutante (talk) 02:23, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
List of largest other wikis
You're missing the largest Korean encyclopedia : http://www.doopedia.co.kr/ : 453k articles versus 236k for ko.Wikipedia. That's why Korean wiki stats are under-performing.
Hi, I'm the owner of a wiki called Yellpedia. The semantic mediawiki wiki of the month for May, 2013. Anyways we have a page count of over 10 Million that we imported via a script. Basically we had the entire United States Yellow Pages imported into a Mediawiki to be used as a base for everyone to come edit and add information. However since we didn't record every page to every MySQL table the internal wiki article count system has never worked right. Our size, however, can be easily checked by running a search, from the homepage, for STATE CA, which just for that search returns over 1 million pages. Our home page is Yellpedia. Christharp (talk) 23:10, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
Official location for noting corrections to the wikistats list?
Is there an official place to point out things that need to be corrected on the list this page is linking to? E.G. Fan History Wiki is defunct, websitewiki.wikia and the other *.websites.wikia wikis were deleted a while back and now redirect to the Wikia main page, and there are some wikis listed twice, like Chahaoba and WOW Wiki. --18.104.22.168 10:12, 13 December 2013 (UTC)
- Yes: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?product=Wikimedia%20Labs&component=wikistats RobiH (talk) 17:53, 1 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi, could you please add Wiki Sporting to the list of largest wikis? Homepage: Wiki Sporting Stats raw page: http://www.forumscp.com/wiki/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=statistics Thank you.
Hello, could you please add UESP wiki(The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages) to the list?It contains 33547 content pages as for 14 May 2014. Homepage: UESP Stats raw page: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Special:Statistics Thank you.
The Third Turn
I would like to request addition of The Third Turn to the collection, it is an independent community collecting and documenting stock car racing statistics with over 240,000 pages - Stats page. TYIA, --DaNASCAT (talk) 05:37, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
All The Tropes
Requesting addition of All The Tropes, an independent fork of TV Tropes. Currently at 146,943 pages according to Special:Statistics. ATT is a part of the Orain wiki farm, and has by far the largest page count on the farm.
- All Added. RobiH (talk) 05:41, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- With the demise of Orain, All The Tropes has moved to Miraheze and has its own domain. Its stats page lists 151,129 "Content pages", which matches the count for the wiki below Wowpedia (#135), which is labeled "Miraheze" (#136). But links to both wikis' stats pages are broken. --Damian Yerrick (talk) 01:45, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
List of largest other wikis
Bonjour, dans cette liste nous pourrions y trouver le wiki généalogique rodovid.org (23 langues) http://fr.rodovid.org/wk/Special:Statistics avec plus de 810 000 fiches de personnes et environs 220 000 fiches de famille, patronyme et place. Bien à vous OldLion (talk) 15:30, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
- Added. All af them: https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/display.php?t=ro RobiH (talk) 08:17, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
Include number of Active Users
I think number of Active Users is a more appropriate measure of comparing wikis. For instance, enwp has got 130k editors, while commons has 27k, Wikihow has 20k and for dewp 19.7k. Could someone that into the list?···Vanischenu「mc|Talk」 13:53, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- Just resort the existing list to: https://wikistats.wmflabs.org/largest_html.php?s=users_desc&th=0&lines=200 RobiH (talk) 08:13, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
The data of the Wikia wikis in the tables (e.g. List of Wikia wikis) are not up to date, the last update for the 30637 Wikia wikis was ~2,5 years ago. Could you please provide an update? --22.214.171.124 12:49, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
The problem was that it was just too many in the past to run an update. I'm willing to try again, but first i would need a good way to update the list of wikia wikis. Do you know of any URL that provides an up2date list of all wikia wikis? How many are there today? Mutante (talk) 00:23, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
Request for adding Librewiki
- Article under 20000. Other wikis in wikistat has +80K but this wiki is (soon) hitting 15K right now. — regards, Revi 10:17, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
Could someone add All The Tropes (and other wikis hosted at Miraheze)?
Hello! I'm one of the admins at All The Tropes, so it wouldn't be right for me to add that wiki to the list. Our Statistics page indicates All The Tropes should also be on the hand-maintained list of largest wikis.
There are many other wikis hosted at https://miraheze.org/ with All The Tropes being the largest.