- The penultimate FAQ seems not to have been filled out beyond it's original half-way scope and this page. The on-wiki community has asked on multiple questions whether it has a veto to several key components, and the answers have always dodged around it, indicating "importance" and little more. The same has held true when a similar issue was raised in one of the skype/zoom sessions. Still no clarity if the Community can (and will) be overriden, and under exactly what criteria.
- The question needs both a general answer, and exact, specific criteria for under what use cases. Further statements of "importance, and any decision would be as minimal as needed etc" is insufficient. If there is felt to be too much detail for a brief in-paragraph answer, please do as before and put in a summary with a link to a full page. Nosebagbear (talk) 18:08, 24 February 2020 (UTC)
- Pinging @Anna Rees (WMDE): as the primary individual who has added the FAQs, apologies if seen already Nosebagbear (talk) 16:40, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
Anna Rees (WMDE), SGrabarczuk (WMF), thank you to keep the global community informed, and I wish you would be considerate and be kind to translators. I need to translate this page and others into ja per request from local community, but it has been very painful to work.
- Please always separate Section Titles from body text in each translation segments.
- Easiest trick is to push [Enter][Enter] at the end of closing title marks, “==n“ which adds blank line. Translation tags are given to line breaks that way.
If you separate them, then at least I will work on those mini texts which serves as a sort of outline when put together on a Table of Contents. I have worked on more pages that had had TOC in ja, as it’s much handier to scan what you wish to convey to the global community. Like me, it gives better chance to have swing-by translators to put one or two body paragraphs into local language.
My wildest imagination tells me the above arrangement would have other translators in local languages jump in as well, esp those not having opportunity to join Strategy Salon locally. —Omotecho (talk) 19:57, 10 May 2020 (UTC)