This page is for discussions related to Universal Code of Conduct/Project.
Please remember to:
Additional Community Consultation for some sections of the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee(U4C) Charter Draft
Following the community consultation period on the U4C Charter draft, the U4CBC reconvened to make relevant edits to the draft text based on community feedback. The Committee has revised some sections of the text and are requesting for additional review and feedback from the community. The U4C specifically requests for feedback/input on the following points:
- The U4BC is proposing 50% of U4C membership is reserved for regional distribution and the remaining 50% for the community at large.
- U4C Election
- The U4CBC is proposing that each election candidate gets a 60% or higher majority of votes to be selected.
- Personally, I prefer the old membership criteria of two representatives per region. It offered stronger protection against ethnic or racial bias.
- But if you must make only half of all U4C members into regional representatives, I suggest the following. Each non-regional candidate should be required to publicly disclose the wiki they specialize in editing, which can be viewed from their global account. For simplicity's sake, let's call this their primary wiki. Each wiki (like each region) has its own culture. To prevent any wiki from dominating the U4C, you should set an upper limit of two non-regional U4C members from the same primary wiki. Adrianmn1110 (talk) 13:33, 2 November 2023 (UTC)
Vote pour la suppression d'un sujet
- Hello, Mzadni, Are you referring to content in the the Universal Code of Conduct or content on Wikipedia in general? Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:06, 8 September 2023 (UTC)
- Bonjour, Faites-vous référence au contenu du Code universel de conduite ou au contenu de Wikipédia en général ? Je m'excuse pour toute erreur de traduction. Meilleur, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:06, 8 September 2023 (UTC)
Slight differences in translations in dates and content
In the timeline of the German version the 7. August – 6. September 2023 Community-Reviewrunde is still ongoing on, and in the English translation for I believe the same seems to be
August 28–September 22, 2023 Community review round of the draft U4C charter
and is also still mentioned as ongoing.