Issues to be clearyfied
NOT a legal representant on national territories
It should be made clear that Wikimedia Italia is NOT a legal representant on national territories
- We won't be legal representant, because we thought it's too much complicated. Frieda 16:17, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
out of italy-activity
Article 3 " However, no partecipation will be allowed without the agreement of the local branch of the Wikimedia Association, Inc., if existing."
- I'll try to explain with an example: if we want to organize a meeting or a project in France, we'll ask to French chapter if they agree. So, this point clarifies that Wikimedia italiana doesn't want to overlap with other chapter but to cooperate with them. Frieda 16:17, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
There's also another point: "Wikimedia italiana" is intended for italian speaking persons. So, if tomorrow will arrive a Swiss chapter, our bylaws grant that we won't overlap. Frieda 19:14, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- You should change that in your bylaws. Chapters are supposed to depend on countries, not on languages: What are local chapters?, Are chapters based on language or geography?, Some arguments -- Arne (akl) 19:33, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
The Board may suspend or revoke the technical rights..
It's a three step process: the board ask for desysopping, the assembly have to confirm it and then also wiki community have to confirm. We pick it from french bylaws. Frieda 16:51, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- We should probably better not even mention things like this, because I think the Wikimedia Italy should stay out completely from this kind of discussions... (just my opinion) Fantasy 容 17:41, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- As I mentionned in mail discussions, this piece of the french bylaws are related to the fact the french association is WMF representative in France. This *power* is made mandatory to allow technical actions resulting from legal and binding decision. I do not think the italian association needs this; Anthere
- all agree on removing the "sysop" part
who has the right to vote for the Board?
"ordinary members" and "members for life" (see art.7 and art.9) Frieda 16:48, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Do they have to attend a meeting in person, or is voting on the wiki or on IRC going to be allowed?
Only by person or by delegation is possible according to italian law (see art. 14). Frieda 16:49, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
"Memebers for life" -> "Members of honour"
I would suggest to change:
- Article 9: "Members for life"
- In recognition of his role as Founder of Wikipedia Jimmy Wales is granted life membership. Life members shall have all the privileges of contributing active members except they shall be exempt from paying dues and shall not be required to make any contributions to any Wikimedia project.
to "Members of honour", and to remove Jimbo's name from the statute and leave it as the first action of the association (as we did in the german one), because I think the statute should mainly state the rules, not apply the rules. (Jimbo, I hope you are not offended ;-) Fantasy 容 16:50, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
they have a free content, that can be distributed freely under the conditions of licenses like the GNU Free Documentation License, issued by the Free Software Association Inc., and particularly by its European branch on the site http://www.fsfeurope.org/.
GFDL is one example. There can be other free licence, rather use "such as..." Anthere
Wikimedia italiana intends to develop encyclopedias, quote collections, educational books and collections of other documents, information and electronic databases in Italian language having the following characteristics:
Suggestion, rather rephrase
Wikimedia italiana aims at supporting the development of encyclopedias, quote collections, educational books and collections of other documents, information and electronic databases having the following characteristics:
Anthere 19:52, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Wikimedia ITALIANA -> Wikimedia ITALIA
Its name is based on geography, not language.
Anthere: donations -> dues in english
Article 3: per obiettivo lo sviluppo di -> ha per obiettivo di contribuire allo sviluppo
Article 2: collaborates -> "collaborates independently" (or similar)
Wikimedia italy is not a legal representative of the fondation (or similar wording)
"Wikimedia Italia" collaborates with the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc, association constituted according to the laws of the Florida state (USA), but it is not a legal representative of the foundation
La Wikimedia Italia collabora con la Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., associazione costituita seconde le leggi dello stato della Florida (USA), ma non ne assume la rappresentanza legale per l'Italia.