What help do you need in automating the uploading of those word files to the Kazakh Wikipedia? Can you post a sample word doc as an example of the format they are in?
- 1 Chapcom General Questions
- 2 Who are the people behind this application?
- 3 People
- 4 List of initiative team
- 5 Could you give a short overview of the time path of the founding up to now?
- 6 Have there been any activities/meetings etc of this group of people?
- 7 What kind of activities are planned for the future in the chapter?
- 8 Do you have an overview of how many Wikimedians would like to join the chapter when founded?
- 9 Have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist?
- 10 Any update from ChapCom?
- 11 Wikimedia LGBT
Chapcom General Questions
Please find below the default questions chapcom always asks candidate chapters. Those give us a better view on what your group is like, and whether it would make a good chapter. Kind regards, Effeietsanders 16:14, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello, Please, find below the answers to the questions of ChapCom. Ashina 11:58, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Who are the people behind this application?
Currently, the number of people actively participating in chapter application process is more than 100. Most of them are students from Almaty universities.
any prominent Wiki[pm]edians?
PM of the RoK Karim Massimov had conversation with Jimmy Wales concerning the development of KKWP during the last Davos summit. Also the Parliament Member Mr.Murat Abenov is among our strong supporters and he is one of our active community members. Chief of Kazakh National Encyclopedia Mr.Bauyrzhan Zhakyp is also among our supporters. So we guess they should be considered as a prominent Wikipedians.
- Hi, could you provide Wikimedia user names and link to project of origin of the Wiki[p/m]edians behind this application? Thanks :) notafish }<';> 21:30, 27 August 2011 (UTC) (member of the Chapters Committee)
- Hi in this edit [User:220.127.116.11] introduced the claim that I met with (now former) Prime Minister of Kazakhstan at Davos. This is in error; I have never met with him. I did attend a Kazakhstan reception at another World Economic Forum event (with humorous results for my friends, as you can read about in that blog post), but I was one of hundreds of guests there and did not get to meet with any top officials. I have had a casual meeting with someone from his office, and various other casual or indirect contacts with Kazakhs over the years, but never a formal meeting with the President, the Prime Minister, or any ministers there. Yet.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 15:41, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- Rauan Kenzhekhanuly - kk:User:Rauank - Founder and Director of "WikiBilim" Public Foundation
- Nartay Ashim - kk:User:Ashina - Buerecrat and administrator of KK WP
- Almas Nurbakytov - kk:User:Almas - Lawyer of WikiBilim PF
- Timur Muktarov - kk:User:Alash Arman
- Sanzhar Kenzhekhanuly - kk:User:Sanzhar Kenzhekhan
- Sanzhar Surshanov - kk:User:SSE
- Nurbek Matzhani - kk:User:Nurbek Matzhani - University program coordinator
- Bolatbek Abdukadyrov - kk:User:Bolatbek - administrator of KK WP
- Zhalgas Yertay - kk:User:e_zhalgas
- Ulzhan Maratkyzy - kk:User:u.maratkyzy
- Gulzhan Omarova - kk:User:GulzhanOmarova
- Gulzat Shaidikerim - kk:User:gulzat246
- Nursultan Khaimuldin - kk:User:Polat Alemdar - administrator of KK WP
- Nurbek Tazhibaev - kk:User:Tazhibaev Nurbek
- Dauren Kalikhanov - kk:User:Dauren
- Aselhan fromDreamland - kk:User:aselhan
- Rakhmetulla Gulnar - kk:User:Gulnar7
- Ospanbek Inkar - kk:User:Inkar
- Berdibekov Galamat - kk:User:Galamat
- Daken Arystanbek - kk:User:Arystanbek
- Nurlan Djanaev - kk:User:Nick jan - administrator of KK WP
- Sandibek Rysbayev - kk:User:Sandibek_aktau
- Daniyar Tazhimbet - kk:User:Daniyar
List of initiative team
Active in which communities if any?
WikiBilim PF initiatives have been supported by the Government, Business and Academia.
- Kazakh National Encyclopedia “Kazakhstan” – provided all own content under CC licenses.
- National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan – provides content and quality review process.
- Ministry of Education and Science provides us organizational support to involve Kazakhstan universities and colleges to Wikimedia projects.
- Ministry of Communication and Information provides organizational support to involve IT companies and universities as well as traditional media support.
- International IT University – provided technical support, internet access, summer student internship etc.
Could you give a short overview of the time path of the founding up to now?
- 4 May 2011 – registration of WikiBilim Public Foundation
- 15-30 May 2011 – starting communication with Wikimedia Foundation Inc.
- 20 May 2011 – signed agreement with Kazakh National Encyclopedia to provide us their own content under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
- 1 June 2011 – Signed agreement with Nokia Kazakhstan company to provide sponsorship in Wiki Contest (featured articles and active editors).
- 8 June 2011 – Signed Trademark License Agreement with Wikimedia Foundation Inc.
- 16 June 2011 – received the letter of support from the CEO of Samruk-Kazyna Foundation to provide sponsorship.
- 16 June 2011 – Conduct press-conference (participated Mr. Ting Chen, MP Mr. Murat Abenov, Chief Editor of Kazakh encyclopedia Mr.Bauyrzhan Zhakyp, Deputy Head of Kazcontent JSC. Mr. A.Tutykin)
- 20 June 2011 – Start summer practice with International IT University. WB provided tutorial on how to contribute on Wikipedia.
- 4-7 August, 2011- WikiBilim team participated in Wikimania-2011 conference
- 14-16 September, 2011- WikiBilim team participated in "Digital Communications Kazakhstan 2011" Exhibition, Astana
- 15-17 September, 2011- WikiBilim team participated in Creative Commons Global Summit 2011 in Warshaw, Poland
- 14 September, 2011- WikiBilim organized presentation of Wikimedia projects and established wiki-club with Nazarbayev University, Astana
- 27 September, 2011- WikiBilim organized presentation of Wikimedia projects and run wiki-club with Kazakh National Pedagogocal University for Girls, Almaty
- 28 September, 2011- WikiBilim organized presentation of Wikimedia projects and established wiki-club with Kazakh Nationa Academy of Art named after T.Zhurgenov, Almaty
- 2 November, 2011 - WikiBilim held press conference in order to award first winners of Wiki Contest from SMK and Nokia. KKWP reached 100 000 articles milestone.
- 2 November, 2011 - The Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan announced his support to WikiBilim PF projects and Wikipedia movement in Kazakhstan.
- 25 November, 2011 - there was prepared an Agenda and task from the Prime Minister office to Ministry of Education and Ministry of Culture to assist on Wikipemedia projects by donating materials and involving students.
Have there been any activities/meetings etc of this group of people?
- During Mr.Ting Chen’s visit to Almaty (16-17 June, 2011) we organized seminar where more than 200 community members took part.
- WikiBilim PF has been founded as non-profit organization in May 2011 by Wikipedians. Since May 2011 we are organized several offline meetings (football, rolls, ecotourism etc.)
- WikiBilim startinging Wikipedia Ambassadors movement in order to help new established student clubs run their wiki-activities. Students from International IT University conducting the seminars as it requested from other universities. We have around 20-30 active Ambassadors and we are meeting every week to discuss the current activity and future plans.
What kind of activities are planned for the future in the chapter?
WikiBilim Public Foundation running public campaign with the goal to increase the number of active users and editors.
- Wikipedia Ambassadors in campus – conduct presentations, lectures and training sessions for university students, professors, tutors and librarians.
- Public Domain – start communication with the state bodies to provide information, pictures and media files to public domain.
- Archives – work with regional and National archives to use the content under Creative Commons license.
- National minorities – provide technical support to national minorities.
- Creative Commons – start the public campaign to provide information about CC to public. WF have started negotiations with CC headquarter on signing memorandum of understanding and local Affiliate recognition. WB team members are going to participate in upcoming CC Global Summit in Warsaw.
- Conduct tutorial to IT specialist about Media Wiki - in September-October (invite developers from WMF)
- December 16, 2011 – invite Jimmy Wales to Astana to participate in Kazakhstan Independence 20th Anniversary.
- Central Asia Wikipedians Meeting – organize meeting of Central Asian wikipedians with Jimmy Wales in Almaty.
- Kazakhstan Wikipedians Meeting – organize Wiki Camp (next year).
Do you have an overview of how many Wikimedians would like to join the chapter when founded?
Currently there are 60-100 peoples who are interested to participate in chapter activity. Also we have plans to train and involve wikimedians in all regions of the country. The most popular project is Wikipedia, however many people are interested to participate in developing other Wikimedia projects.
Around 100 people from team of Kazakh Wikimedia Chapter Initiative are active editors to KKWP.
WikiBilim PF organized several events for university students and stuff about Wikimedia projects. Meantime, we are running Article contest in two segments:
First, Samuryk-Kazyna will Award First 100 persons with Laptops who will write 100 articles fot KKWP with defined criteria.
Second, Nokia Kazakhstan will Award 10 Fetured Article Authors and 40 best editors at the end of the year. The Prize is C3 smartphones. Counting Featured Articles starts on 10 th of October 2011.
Have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist?
Yes, bylaws have been prepared by lawyer of WikiBilim PF which is registered under the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The re-registration procedures will be based on feedback we’ll get from ChapCom members.
Any update from ChapCom?
Dear ChapCom members! I'd like to ask you about our progress to be recognized as chapter in Kazakhstan. Is there any update? We answered to all you questions and still waiting for communication from your side! I'd like to ask inform us regarding this very important point! Thank you! Kind regards --Ashina 08:46, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
|Wikimedia LGBT is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|