Talk:Wiki Project Med
- Please add new topics to the bottom of this page. Note: this is not the place to suggest changes to Wikipedia itself. If you have concerns or questions regarding medical content please post them on the talk page of the WikiProject Medicine in the appropriate language. English is here
- 1 The use of Wikipedia by doctors for their information needs
- 2 Wikimania 2016 in Italy
- 3 Update to medical up
- 4 en:Healthcare Information for All (HIFA)
- 5 Please comment on my Individual Engagement Grant talk page about my proposal for Guided Checklist for Health Topic Experts
- 6 Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Needs
- 7 Medical pre-conference on Jun 22nd 2016 at Wikimania
- 8 Please add the translate tag in first section
The use of Wikipedia by doctors for their information needs
This is a proposal for a research project to study the relationship between Wikipedia and the information needs of doctors. The community's knowledge and feedback is more than appreciated! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Richardpullicino (talk) 19:43, 30 March 2014
Wikimania 2016 in Italy
Who is attending?
- Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 04:52, 2 March 2016 (UTC)
- Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 07:15, 2 March 2016 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:38, 3 March 2016 (UTC)
- User:Mikael Häggström and user:Esh77 are on the program schedule
- -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 11:31, 4 March 2016 (UTC)
- --Tobias1984 (talk) 11:00, 12 March 2016 (UTC)
- --Saintfevrier (talk) 22:59, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
- CFCF 💌 📧 11:31, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
- Shani (talk) 15:31, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
- --Geraki TL 16:20, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
Med topics you want to hear about?
- I am currently running this pilot project under an IEG grant. I am very interested in attending the Wiki project Med sessions in Milan and interacting with the Wikimedia medical community: the next step for Wikitherapy could be promoting the concept to hospitals (i.e. not only mental health institutions) and getting doctors and/or patients involved. I have connections in Greece that would be willing to embrace the idea. If you would like me to make a brief presentation I would be happy to do so! See also the poster I have submitted here. Thanks, looking forward to seeing you at Wikimania 2016!--Saintfevrier (talk) 11:36, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
Who you want to hear give an overview of our work?
Update to medical up
Hey All We are one of the supporting organizations of Health Information For All as per  I have renewed our support again this year with a 50pound donation. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 12:53, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on my Individual Engagement Grant talk page about my proposal for Guided Checklist for Health Topic Experts
I created a new Individual Engagement grant to try and fix a problem. Grants:IdeaLab/Effective Engagement with Health Topic Experts using Guided Checklists
From my work with Cochrane as a Wikipedian in Residence and my observations of other attempts to engage health topic experts in editing, I've come to the conclusion that the quality of the contributions of health topic experts does not match their level of expertise and effort the we as Wikipedians put into training new medical editors. So, I decided to create a new project to develop a Guided Checklist that would assist a health topic expert in assessing the quality of a health articles on Wikipedia, and then guide their contributions toward making edits to correct the lack of quality.
My individual engagement grant would involve interviewing health topic experts and active medical editors, as well as a community consultation on Wikipedia English WikiProject Med. Please add yourself as a volunteer if you would like to participate. Or leave suggestions on the talk page. Or endorse if you support the idea. Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 00:00, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello there! We are going to have the fifth annual Wikimedia CEE Meeting in Armenia. In order to prepare the programme, we need your input about some questions and needs you (as an affiliate or community) have. You can also share something working (or not) for you. Could you please add the info to the page? Thank you! --Lord Bumbury (talk) 13:14, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. I shall send this request via email as well --Lord Bumbury (talk) 13:14, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
Medical pre-conference on Jun 22nd 2016 at Wikimania
Date of Med talks at Wikimania moved
Please add the translate tag in first section
Hi, I am translating to japanese language. In Wiki Project Med#Mission, First sentence (T:5 and T:6) only tagged, this part only can translating. There is no problem in the other sections.
I think maybe translate tag is nothing in the other part. So I read the following:mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example#Step 4: Making changes. If manually I must be careful. But, I do not know well.