Talk:Wikimedia Northern Europe Meeting 2018
Hack4.fi is on the same week-end
- That's a shame! Thank you for letting us know. John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 08:23, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Number of participants
I am pleased that there is a lot of interest to take part, but I must ask you to please limit the number to five (5) participants.
This is for two reasons:
- First, it is not fair to have an uneven amount just because some chapters can pay for it. We could easily add a large number of Swedes, but that would not be in line with what we are trying to do (i.e. discussing cooperation between affiliates in Northern Europe). We intentionally picked a smaller number to make the most of the the programmatic activities we are designing.
- Second, there is a logistical cost associated to increasing the number of participants. We would have to adjust bookings, adjust the program and handle questions and requests from more people.
Future events might be much bigger endeavors, but this year we are doing it on a shoestring budget as WMF only approved 40 % of the suggested event budget.
I hope for your understanding.
- Actually I think it might be reasonable to allow the organizer to fill in vacant places. Just plan for the 40 participants and if it becomes clear that some countries will send less, then add the corresponding number of locals (who would likely also not need help with traveling or accomodation). Especially as it seems unlikely that Iceland and Lithuania can actually fill in the positions offered to them.
- @John Andersson (WMSE): Or what would you think? Kruusamägi (talk) 22:34, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I think it is generous of you to think that way.
- However, the original budget in our application was (only partly) approved with a plan for 20-25 participants, so we are already pushing it budgetwise with 30-35 participants, as WMEE and WMNO covers your own trips. :-)
- And as I wrote in my email to the list, having a diverse group with equal representation from the different affiliates is important to achieve the goals with this first regional meeting. John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 14:44, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
Abbreviation for Wikimedia Northern Europe
- Moved to Talk:Wikimedia Northern Europe#Abbreviation for Wikimedia Northern Europe. Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (talk) 12:31, 16 October 2018 (UTC)