Talk:Wikipedia 15/Events/Hong Kong
I've kicked off the consultation process of WP15 celebrations in Hong Kong last night when I took part in the second part of the micro ESEA meetup. I talked with several local colleagues there. From our preliminary inquiry last month Think Cafe was a possible venue for the celebration. HKU and CUHK are also suggested as alternative venues, though we would be in a hurry if we have to book a room there. Outdoors not possible. Kris suggested to hold a seminar to mark this as a low-cost option. Once we are decided, he may provide help - to contact with press. I hope that we can make a decision by December for convenience in venue booking and etc, though there's just a month left before we have to decide.
Welcome for suggestion for how we can achieve a well celebration for WP15. Both Chinese and English are okay, as long as each other understand.
some related resources -
- Brochure (editing / illustrating(draft) / evaluating Wikipedia, Traditional Chinese) ;
- Education Collaborative project (phabricator) and other 4 brochures for education. You can see the portal for the all 7 books here.
- We talk about the educational program during the meeting and consider to incorporate it as a part of the activities. Nonetheless we can go ahead. --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 13:26, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
Community within HK
- As previously mentioned, we are yet to decide the format. A preliminary suggestion is to held our regular meeting as usual on that day, which coincides with the third Friday on that month. I also plan to held a trans-regional IRC meeting on that day (I'll announce my plan during the week of 21st, as it doesn't take too much time to prepare), and explore possibilities to connect these activities with other meetings hold for this purpose in Sinosphere. A Seminar is also proposed, but it is a problem for who to invite and where to hold, esp. when we have less than two months left. I will follow up how the event is prepared and will discuss this on the Dec. meetup, though Rover told me that December meetup usually face a danger in cancellation. --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 10:06, 5 December 2015 (UTC)
Ideas for our celebration
We will probably make use of our January meetup to celebrate WP15, as the venue and the date for this is secured, when we don't have enough time to book for another venue. Though being quite dictatorial, I would suggest some ideas for the format of our celebration even that only a handful of us are involved in this discussion:
- Our celebration will hold at Think Cafe in Causeway Bay (as usual meetup), on 15th January 2016.
- 我們的慶祝活動和一般聚會一樣，會在2016年1月15日在銅鑼灣Think Cafe舉行。
- We estimate that we may welcome more guests than usual in this event (due to our eye-catching sitenotice).
- Chapter members, "Grassroot editors", guests abroad, ordinary readers and correspondent (if any) are welcomed. (but trolls, which will be expelled with Safe Spaces Policy)
- Quite hard to invite speakers (due to time constraint), but this is not ruled out. For correspondents we will have arrangements.
- We may have some small presentations and discussions during the meetup. We checked the projectors during our last meetup.
- A cake for the purpose should be prepared. Stroopwafel may be provided if there's a strong demand (but I heard from Rover that it is too sweet [for Hongkongers/ethnic Chinese/whoever]).
- It may be hard to materialize Liang's idea to blend the education program with our celebration - publishing is already a problem.
- Possibilities to link our celebrations with the IRC celebration is worth studying. Though we may hold the only real-life meetup for WP15 in the Sinosphere, as Taiwanese will vote for their president the day after.
- If there're no comments by 5th, we will do what we have to do without input from the community. So voice out if you have comments. --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 14:33, 30 December 2015 (UTC)
Sign up 留名
- Please use the wikicode “#~~~~” to sign at the corresponding section. No need to provide your personal information.
- Pokman817 (talk) 14:33, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- Jonathan Lam
- Florian Wong
- William Feng
- Luther Ng
- Allan Ho
- HD Scania (a layperson)
- Chloe Lee
- Cyblocker (talk) 15:52, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
Maybe Attending 可能出席
- little Alex (talk) 07:38, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- The Average Wikipedian (talk) 10:27, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- SSTflyer (talk) 07:08, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
- summer yeung
- Iris FENG
- Ng wing shui
- Kenny Ho
- Roy CAO
- Ivan C
- Lawrence Tse
Not Attending 未能出席