Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Translations are available.
- Recent software changes
- (Not all changes will affect you.)
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.22wmf7) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on June 13. It will be enabled on non–Wikipedia sites on June 17, and on all Wikipedias on June 20. 
- The Narayam and WebFonts extensions were successfully replaced by Universal Language Selector on June 11. 
- أخبار المحرر المرئي:
- VisualEditor was temporarily disabled on Wikipedia sites on June 14 due to an issue that inserted a lot of HTML code. The issue is now fixed and VisualEditor works as before.
- Users can now use VisualEditor to add images and other media items from their local wikis and Wikimedia Commons. .
- VisualEditor also allows editing references. 
- The new Disambiguator extension, which was previously part of MediaWiki itself, was enabled on test wikis. It adds the magic word
__DISAMBIG__ to mark disambiguation pages. 
- The newly enabled Campaigns extension allows Wikimedia Foundation data analysts to track account creations that result from a specific outreach campaign.
- تغييرات مستقبلية في البرامج
- Universal Language Selector will be added to the Catalan (ca), Cebuano (ceb), Persian (fa), Finnish (fi), Norwegian Bokmål (no), Portuguese (pt), Ukrainian (uk), Vietnamese (vi), Waray-Waray (war) and Chinese (zh) Wikipedias on June 18. 
- Starting on June 18, VisualEditor will be randomly enabled by default for half of newly created accounts on the English Wikipedia to test stability, performance and features. 
- Two new webfonts (UnifrakturMaguntia and Linux Libertine) will be added to wikis that use Universal Language Selector.  
- It will now be possible to hide the sidebar while using the Translate extension to reduce distractions (bug #45836). 
- A patrolling link will now be visible for un-patrolled pages, even if users don't visit it from Special:NewPages or Special:RecentChanges (bug #49123). 
- A request for comments on enabling a new search engine for MediaWiki was started.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.