Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Translations are available.
Recent software changes (Not all changes will affect you.)
- VisualEditor news:
- VisualEditor deployment has been delayed by a week. It is now planned to enable the editor for logged–in editors on chosen Wikipedias on July 22, and on all Wikipedias on July 29.
- A bug that made it impossible to save VisualEditor edits that triggered a CAPTCHA has been fixed. 
- Several bugs that occurred on right–to–left wikis have been fixed last week (bug #49416, bug #49613, bug #50543).
- Uploading files has been restricted on Meta Wiki to administrators and the newly created uploader group. An exemption doctrine policy is being developed (bug #50287). 
- Emergency priority CentralNotice banners will always be shown unless users have hidden them, ignoring cookies set for lower priority banners. 
Cambios futuros de software
- MediaWiki will allow choosing a specific page of a PDF document or a thumbnail of a video file to show up inside the
<gallery /> tag (bug #8480). 
- It will now be possible to create empty
MediaWiki: messages, for instance in order to disable them (bug #50124). 
- The Nearby feature will soon be enabled on Wikivoyage wikis again. 
- The Notifications extension messages will now include a direct link to diffs on wiki as well as in notification e-mails (bug #48183). 
- Table of contents will now use the HTML
<div /> element instead of
<table />, fixing a nine–year–old bug #658. 
- First mock–ups of a mobile Wikidata application have been published by Pragun Bhutani as part of his Google Summer of Code project. 
- A discussion on minimum documentation practices in MediaWiki code has been started and awaits comments from the community.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.