Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe and contribute.
|previous||2013, week 42 (Monday 14 October 2013)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can now choose which language to show for SVG files that contain several languages, using the "lang" option, like
[[File:Gerrit_patchset_25838_test.svg|lang=de]]for the German layer of File:Gerrit patchset 25838 test.svg.
- Developers are looking for wiki communities to try the new search system. 
- You can now create and edit references inside media captions. 
- You now need to press the "delete" key twice to delete a template, reference or image; the first time, they only become selected, to avoid accidental deletion of infoboxes and similar content. 
- When you resize images, you will now still see them, and their size will also be seen in the center.  
- The new notifications system ("Echo") will be added to almost all wikis that don't already have it on October 22. It will notify you of changes and events that affect you. 
- MediaWiki 1.22wmf22 was added to test wikis on October 17. It will arrive to non-Wikipedia wikis on October 21 and all Wikipedia wikis on October 24 (calendar).
- The interface to reset your password will soon be changed. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.