Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Recent software changes
- In the toolbar, the menu to edit the styles (like bold, italic, etc.) now has a down arrow (). The order of the Insert menu has also changed a little.
- You can now edit
<gallery /> tags with a very basic tool. 
- You can now see a help page about keyboard shortcuts in the page menu. 
- When you change categories, you will now see them when you save the page. 
- When you edit templates, you will now see the parameters in the right order. The ones that you must add have a star (*).  
- The page will now be saved faster, thanks to a new way of coding the text that sends 40% less text to the servers. 
- Your wiki can ask to test a new tool to edit TemplateData. 
- There was a problem with search on the English and German Wikipedias between January 6 and January 14. You could not see new pages and changes in search results. 
- There were "pool timeouts" errors on several wikis on January 13; it was caused by a code change that was made to fix another problem. 
- Trên tháng một, Bugzilla và Wikimedia Labs đi xuống cho khoảng 20 phút tại vì có lỗi liên quan máy chủ. Kênh IRC với Thay Dổi Gần Dây (irc.wikimedia.org) đi xuống cho khoảng hai tiếng. 
Future software changes
Orange bar with new messages
- You will soon be able to add a given Flickr user to a blacklist so that their files can't be uploaded using UploadWizard on Wikimedia Commons and other wikis. 
- Bạn sẽ thấy một thông điệp cảnh báo khi nào bạn định xóa một trang liên kết với ít nhất một trang khác. 
- You will so longer see disambiguation pages in Special:LonelyPages.  
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by MediaWiki message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.