Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
அண்மைய மென்பொருள் மாற்றங்கள்
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.24wmf10) was added to test wikis and MediaWiki.org on June 19. It will be added to non-Wikipedia wikis on June 24, and to all Wikipedias on June 26 (calendar).
- You can now drag-and-drop selections of content, not just files and templates.  
- When dragging an item, you will now see a line that helps you to drop it.  
- You can now only move an image to the start of a paragraph, not to the middle of it, so you don't accidentally split it.  
- You will now be warned if you add wikitext to file captions and references.  
Future software changes
- You will no longer be able to upload files on wikis that do not have any copyright tags.  
- CirrusSearch will be enabled as the primary search method on additional 70 new wikis, including Meta-Wiki and Wikimedia Incubator, during the next week. 
- CirrusSearch results will soon take into account categories, the first paragraph and the wikitext of a page. You will also be able to use regular expressions to search the wikitext. It will take a few days for the changes to be enabled on all wikis. 
- You will soon be able to watch translations for e-mail notifications without receiving an e-mail when they are reviewed by another translator.  
- An IRC meeting to organize old high priority MediaWiki bug reports will take place on June 24 at 17:00 UTC on the channel #wikimedia-office on freenode (time conversion). 
- On June 19, all wikis were broken for about 15 minutes due to a high server load.
- Between June 13 and June 15 there were problems with the scaling of video files due to a configuration error. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by MediaWiki message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.