Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Recent software changes
- You can now test a new Beta Feature to see links to other wikis in the sidebar. The links come from Wikidata.  
- You can now search pages that link to a page. Use the
linksto: keyword in your search.  
- A redirect to a section now changes the URL in the address bar of your browser. If "Dog" redirects to "Animals#Dog", you now see "Animals#Dog" instead of "Dog#Dog".  
- If you are testing Flow, you now have a Flow tab in your Notifications. It is called "Messages". 
- You can no longer delete required fields in templates. 
- We fixed many Internet Explorer bugs. If you use Internet Explorer 11, you will get VisualEditor next week. Support for earlier versions is coming next.   
- VisualEditor now looks better in Monobook. 
- We fixed a bug where some of your typing could be undone when you used "cut" (Ctrl+X). 
- You will no longer see empty or deleted categories among the suggestions when you add a category. 
Future software changes
- The latest version of MediaWiki (1.24wmf19) is on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since August 28. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis on September 2, and on all Wikipedias on September 4 (calendar).
- There is a proposal to build a database on Commons for file data. It will make it easier to see the author, license and topics. You can give feedback on this idea. You can also come to the IRC chat on September 3 at 18:00 (UTC) in
#wikimedia-office at freenode. 
- You can give feedback on Media Viewer until September 7. You can say what needs to be improved and ask other people to give feedback too. 
- You can test a new version of the tool to show math. It uses MathML. Report bugs in bugzilla.
- You will no longer be able to upload images from the mobile site. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.