Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2014, week 51 (Monday 15 December 2014)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Recent software changes
- You may see a new tool tested on the mobile site of the English Wikipedia. It asks simple questions to make the article better. In the future, your answers will go to Wikidata. 
- You can watch a video to learn how to use Phabricator to manage projects. 
- You can test a new version of the Content Translation tool.
Software changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki (1.25wmf12) has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since December 10. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from December 16. It will be on all Wikipedias from December 17 (calendar). 
- You can now find and replace text in VisualEditor. You can open the tool via the menu,
- VisualEditor now doesn't change the space at the end of a text that you make bold. 
- The "Apply changes" button in the reference window of VisualEditor is now disabled until you make a change. 
- The star image of the watchlist may change soon.  
- You won't be able to use Phabricator on December 18, 2014. It will be down between 00:00 and 08:00 (UTC).  
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.