Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2015, week 27 (Monday 29 June 2015)||next|
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Long lines in code blocks now look better. 
- You can now see graphs in VisualEditor. 
- When you read a page on the mobile site, you can now see a link to go to its talk page. 
- The code coloring tool has changed. You can now use many more languages. It now also works on mobile.   
- You can look at a new site to learn how to reuse data from Wikimedia sites. 
Changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from June 30. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from July 1. It will be on all Wikipedias from July 2 (calendar).
- You can now use a tool in VisualEditor to add and edit code in color. 
- When you edit a sentence in the Translate tool, it can show you older translations. They help you save time if they look alike. The older translations should now work better. If you see problems, you should report them. 
- If you are an admin or have other special rights, you now need a strong password. 
action=querydoesn't work any more. 
- You can join the next meeting with the Editing team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs are the most important. The meeting will be on June 30 at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- When you create a new account, it will also create one on Meta-Wiki and mediawiki.org. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.