Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- In UploadWizard, the dialog to see an image preview has been removed. You already see the images in the thumbnails when you upload them. 
- UploadWizard dialogs look a bit different now. They have been updated to the new OOUI look. 
- You can now edit music scores in VisualEditor. You can add new sheet music scores and get live updates when you edit one. 
- When you send an e-mail to another editor using Special:EmailUser, that user will now get a notification on the wiki as well. 
- You can now see 500 images when you upload images from Flickr with UploadWizard. Before this change the limit was 50. 
- The Wikimedia mailing lists have been upgraded. 
- MediaWiki developers spent a day looking at proposed code changes in Gerrit. The goal was to clean up the backlog and give feedback to volunteer developers. 
- Some visitors had problems reaching the Wikimedia sites for an hour on September 24. 
Zmiany w tym tygodniu
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from September 29. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from September 30. It will be on all Wikipedias from October 1 (calendar).
- There will be a new beta feature that allows editors to use Flow on their user talkpage if they want to. Each wiki can decide if they want to enable it. 
- The Content Translation tool can give translation suggestions. This feature will now be available in more languages: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Turkish, Japanese, Italian, and Catalan. 
- The Wikimedia Foundation developers want the community to decide who can use OAuth in the future. You can discuss it on Meta.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.