Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Tech News is trying to make reading the newsletter easier. The icon means the item is in the newsletter every week, but with new dates. The icon means the item is mainly relevant for readers with technical knowledge. You can leave feedback on this change.
- Timestamps in the protection log will now be in the user's timezone. Previously they would show Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). 
- A problem with MediaWiki made some pages show no content on October 14. This has now been fixed. 
- Some templates were misplaced in the Flow description bar. This could make it impossible to click on links. This will be fixed this week. 
- The deployment of the new MediaWiki version was stopped on October 14. No new code was deployed for the rest of week. This meant planned changes did not happen. 
Changes this week
- Changes that were planned to happen last week will happen this week. 
- Wikispecies, Meta and MediaWiki.org will be able to use Wikidata for sitelinks. 
- You can join the next meeting with the VisualEditor team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs you think are the most important. The meeting will be on 20 October at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.