Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Revision scoring will help to automatically identify bad-faith and good-faith edits. The point is to make it easier to block vandals and welcome newcomers. It currently supports Wikidata and 14 Wikipedias. 
- Meta was not given access to information from Wikidata last week. This will happen later. 
Changes this week
- You will be able to use wikilinks in Flow topic titles. 
- IP users will have a toolbar with links to the user talk page and user contributions. Some Wikipedias already have this feature. 
- You will be able to edit the graph size in the visual editor. You can either specify the size in the graph dialog or drag it to be the size you want it to be. 
- It will be easier to write math in the visual editor if you don't know LaTeX. You can use symbol buttons instead. 
- You will be able to use syntax highlighting when you write math with LaTeX in the visual editor. 
- UploadWizard will look a bit different. 
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 8 December. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 9 December. It will be on all Wikipedias from 10 December. (calendar).
- New MediaWiki versions will now be on Catalan and Hebrew Wikipedia on Wednesdays. Other Wikipedias get the new MediaWiki version on Thursdays. 
- A new beta feature will show users links to related articles at the bottom of an article. It will not be enabled by default. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.