Lua error in Module:Probox at line 433: attempt to index a nil value.
- 1 Goal
- 2 Plan
- 3 Resources and risks
- 4 Budget
- 5 Discussion
The goal of this project is to develop the content on Wikipedia about the history of Mysore city.
- Photowalk across Mysore city at historicaly important places taking photos of heritage buildings, uploading on commons.
- Focussed editathons in 3 different parts of the Mysore. 150 articles on Kannada wikipedia.
- Spread news about Kannada Wikipedia across print and electronic media.
- Project page on Kannada Wikipedia.
- Kannada Wikipedia
Fit with strategy
What crucial thing will the project try to change or benefit in the Wikimedia movement? Please select the Wikimedia strategic priority(ies) that your project most directly aims to impact and explain how your project fits. Most projects fit all strategic priorites. However, we would like project managers to focus their efforts on impacting 1-2 strategic priorities. Examples of strategic priorities can be found at here.
- Increasing quality theme based content.
- Increasing participation-more number of existing and new editors expected to participate in edit-athon.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of both quantitative and qualitative criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed. See the PEG Program Resources for suggested measures of success. Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- At least 30 editors participating these events.
- At least 30 good quality articles on Kannada Wikipedia.
Resources and risks
- Active Wikipedians present in Mysore.
- Mysore University with good collection of books.
- Lack of experience in conducting such workshops.
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here. See Budget Guidelines. Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost INR||Total cost USD||Notes|
|2||Pre event||Food||3 Places,1000 in each place||4||2000||24000||$387.09|
|3||Event day||Transportation||per person||varies||varies||5,000||$80.645|
|4||Event day||Food||per person||30||1600||50000||$806.45|
|5||Event day||Miscellaneous costs||-||-||-||3000||$50|
Total cost of project
INR 1,02,000 / 1645.161 USD
Total amount requested
Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants Program.
INR 1,02,000 / 1645.161 USD
Additional sources of revenue
Additional sources of revenue, other than the Project and Event Grants Program, that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded.
- Facility given by the universities.
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
- Supply of Wikipedia branding souvenirs like stickers etc.,
- A blog post in Wikimedia blog regarding editathons conducted.
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talkpage, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.