User talk:Jon Harald Søby/Archive/3
|◄◄||User talk:Jon Harald Søby||►►|
|Archives: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20|
Message at fy: Aliter 23:38, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for your proposition, in editing the neW norman wikipedia. I'm a recent user of this encyclopedia, and i think wee need someome like you for coming and seeing our labour. If possible, like i'm a french and norman language speaker, do you think you can find an available steward like you, but french speaker. I think it's important, beacause the norman langage went from latin language. Thank you. From Merlicoqùet (my user:talk is only on nrm.wikipedia.org ) 13:04, 01 april 2006.
- Hi! User:Jean-Christophe Chazalette and User:Anthere are both French Stewards. =) (I couldn't find you on nrm:…) Jon Harald Søby 11:06, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
Hi Jon Harald Søby, what about appointing new bureaucrat at our Wiki? We have two currently, but one is on vacation, and second one is lazy and does not fulfill his mission. We conducted a poll, where we chose 2 candidates for it: Ahonc, Yakudza. They agree and everybody agrees on it.--xx 13:27, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
- Okay, it seems to be in order. Jon Harald Søby 18:51, 1 April 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the answer. I just want to clarify more on the polls. OUr wikipedia has 3 admins: Gutsul, rosty (Rh), Ilya. As you can see from the table that summarizes their activity for the period 1-23 March and a month before, and links to activity logs given on the top of table, their work is not satisfactory. The first guy is on vacation, the other two just lost interest to the work and do not react much on requests, not to mention fighting back vandals. Therefore active users started a poll on 22-nd of March. We had 8 candidates. 4 of them pulled out by themselves, 4 others agrred. Among those 4 we have 2 (Yakudza, and Ahonc) with majority of votes (6 and 7 respectively, nobody against, nobody neutral). Please take into account that we usualy have only 10-15 active users in our Wiki, and these results are in fact the biggest ever we could produce in polls. We do not expect also to see new people to vote.
So now you have information, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We urgently need some fresh admins/bureaucrats as our wiki is getting filled with all sorts of junk and there is nobody to fight vandals.--xx
Jeg heter Ahmed Najib Biabani Ibrahimkhel og på Pashto språk blir det احمد-نجيب-بياباني-ابراهيمخېل, jeg er en av Pashto wikipedia deltaker som prøver å bygge pashto wikipedia:
Nå siden jeg har oversatt wikipedia template language file, så vet ikke jeg at hvordan kan jeg installere det:
Dersom du kunne hjelpet meg med denne saken, ville jeg blitt takknemlig for din assistens.
- (no): Hei, Ahmed! For å få din språkfil installert kan du spøre en av utviklerne, så gjør de det nok for deg. (Eller si hva du skal gjøre.) =)
- (en): Hi, Ahmed! To install your language file, you can ask one of the developers, and they'll assist you. (Or tell you what to do.) =) Jon Harald Søby 10:24, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
Arbeo have moved tra:Wiki proposal. See here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Requests_for_new_languages#Moved_Trasianka_request. Trasianka_editor 13:39, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
Mbɔtɛ (or welcome) to the Lingála Wikipedia, Jon Harald. At the moment, there is not a lot of activities. I am glad, your are probably the first steward there. The two administrators Moyogo and Bombo speak both English an French, Moyogo also Spanish. Thank you to be member of the Lingála Wikipedia and good luck! --Bombo 09:34, 4 avril 2006 (UTC)
Lombard wikipedia destroyed by vandals
Dear Jon, This morning I saw that a Vandal (nickname: snowdog) has made a lot of changes in our (lombard wikipedia pages. We, as administrators are trying to restore the damaged pages but it's an huge work to do! Would it be possible to make a complete "restore" from a backed-up version?
Thanks a lot --Flavi 18:41, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
Hi Jon, On April 4, I had placed a request for adminship in bn-wikibooks in the Requests_for_permissions#bn page. I had also created a local page. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be other users editing out there, and also no admins. So, could you please tell me how the local request would be resolved, and when the Request_for_persmission here would be resolved? Thanks. --Ragib 04:54, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
Could you change my user name?
Could you please change my user name
Theo F into Teofilo ? This would match my other user names on Commons, de, nl... Theo F 17:27, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
Please change my name again !
- Yes, I've seen that. But please change again ! As I said, I would like to be called Teofilo without "h". Theofilo 10:56, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- It's OK now. Thanks. :-) Teofilo 11:14, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
pap.wikipedia: vandalism & admins
Hi, thanks for your reverting of the vandalism this morning on the Papiamentu wikipedia. In order to prevent more vandalism in the (near) future, could you answer Kamizu's request for temporary adminship here? Thanks. Mtcv 18:17, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- Are you asking about a rename on Meta or on the English Wikipedia? Jon Harald Søby 09:48, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
Problem on voting
It appears that during your last vote for Sysop confimation on meta, at line 37 there has been a problem: see http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Meta%3AAdministrators%2Fconfirm&diff=334864&oldid=329514 . I've fixed my own vote, can you please add yours and check again? Thank you, M/ 18:14, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
- Oops. I meant to change my own vote, but I must have deleted my line and changed yours. Sorry. Jon Harald Søby 21:41, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
- No problem, really. I just thought that it was better to ask, even if your vote was clearly expressed. Thank you for your prompt answer. --M/ 22:00, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I am one of the supporters of Ligurian wikipedia (but, unfortunately I do not speak Ligurian). I would beg you delete the page , since it has been written down in Italian, maybe with valdalism intent (see below). For the same reason, I think user 18.104.22.168 should be blocked, because of his/her misuse of wikipedia. In fact one should not write a paper to propose a wikipedia to be closed, when it has been just created: see . Thanks. Sincerely yours, User:clamengh 18:53 25/04/06 UTC+1
- Okay, I'll look into it. Jon Harald Søby 18:47, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- Many thanks again User:clamengh 26/04/06 19:35 UTC+1
Strange proposal of closing local uploads
Dear Jon, one of the administrators of Commons, with the strange name of RED DEVIL 666 is proposing (and in some cases, alas, obtaining) to some wikipediae (e.g. nap:) to close their local uploads. I oppose this proposal inasmuch as very unwiki. Indeed, one should have the right of locally uploading something, provided that copyritgh requirements are fulfilled. Did you know anything about this strange facts? Many thanks. Your sincerely -- lmo:user:clamengh 27/04/06 17:35 UTC+1
- Hi! I don't know anything about this yet, but if something like this is considered, I'm sure the smaller wikis will have their say in it. (Oh, and sorry for the delay in replying – I forgot.) Jon Harald Søby 09:07, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
- Fine. Many thanks! user:clamengh 17:31 UTC+2 11/05/06