User talk:Martina Nolte
- Thank you for welcoming me, Mikhailov. I'm only writing on live mirrors. Still hoping that someone will one day block these sites to save server traffic payed from donated budgets... -- Martina Nolte 21:30, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Hallo, da du dich hier bei Meta für Skillshare interessiert hast, möchte ich dir mitteilen, dass die Anmeldung jetzt online ist, du findest sie unter de:Wikipedia:Skillshare/Teilnehmer. Zusätzlich bitte noch auf skillshare.eu anmelden. Liebe Grüße --Sargoth 10:49, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Danke für den Hinweis. Done :-) --Martina Nolte 16:38, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
Your request was fulfilled. --Nemo 06:08, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks --Martina Nolte 12:05, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
Superprotect letter update
Hi Martina Nolte,
Along with more hundreds of others, you recently signed Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer, which I wrote.
Today, we have 562 signatures here on Meta, and another 61 on change.org, for a total of 623 signatures. Volunteers have fully translated it into 16 languages, and begun other translations. This far exceeds my most optimistic hopes about how many might sign the letter -- I would have been pleased to gain 200 siguatures -- but new signatures continue to come.
I believe this is a significant moment for Wikimedia and Wikipedia. Very rarely have I seen large numbers of people from multiple language and project communities speak with a unified voice. As I understand it, we are unified in a desire for the Wikimedia Foundation to respect -- in actions, in addition to words -- the will of the community who has built the Wikimedia projects for the benefit of all humanity. I strongly believe it is possible to innovate and improve our software tools, together with the Wikimedia Foundation. But substantial changes are necessary in order for us to work together smoothly and productively. I believe this letter identifies important actions that will strongly support those changes.
Have you been discussing these issues in your local community? If so, I think we would all appreciate an update (on the letter's talk page) about how those discussions have gone, and what people are saying. If not, please be bold and start a discussoin on your Village Pump, or in any other venue your project uses -- and then leave a summary of what kind of response you get on the letter's talk page.
Finally, what do you think is the right time, and the right way, to deliver this letter? We could set a date, or establish a threshold of signatures. I have some ideas, but am open to suggestions.
Hallo Martina, diesen Benutzerprofil-Mist gibt es auf allen Projekten:
- Danke. Hatte "UserProfile" nicht ausprobiert. Ja, ohne m kenn ich's; die Funktion ist aber wohl für Mobilgeräte installiert und wird sonst nirgends ausgeführt, oder? --Martina Nolte (talk) 21:24, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Translations strategy recommendations
Hi! First, I'd like to emphasize I'd prefer to see the entire pages translated as well. :) Technically, the missing sections (section by section separately) should be put between the translate tags (<translate></translate>). I'm not sure however if I can/should help you with this issue now, because - as far as I know - the missing parts could be translated to many languages by WMF's contractors in not-very-distant future, and therefore, we should simply avoid doubling the efforts. I don't know if any decision has been made, though. I'll ask and we'll see how to proceed. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:30, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hi SGrabarczuk (WMF), I tried the translate tags but that didn't work for me. Not sure what I did wrong. Thanks for the info though. I'll watch and learn how including the sections for translations needs to be done correctly. :-) --Martina Nolte (talk) 01:33, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- The situation was clarified earlier than I thought it would be. I'm marking the recommendations for translation, and you are free to translate. (I'd prefer to be the only person marking the pages for translation in order to have a consistent code. If someone else helped me, I could double-check anyway.) So far, recommendations #1 and #2 have been translated. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 02:21, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for marking those for translation. #1 is now translated. I hope someone helps with #2. The sections Why and How of each recommendation seem really important to me. --Martina Nolte (talk) 07:41, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hi! of course, marking all recs for translation is my goal, but I can't do it as quickly as I'd like to because of time constraints (I'm not contracted for full time + I've got other tasks). There's a good info though, I marked rec. #3 on Tuesday, and I'm working on rec. #4 now. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 01:48, 8 February 2020 (UTC)