I'd like to help address any concerns you might have over my candidacy, but you didn't indicate an oppose reason so it is difficult to do so. Is there any area I can explain more, or show some experience in, that might convince you to support? There was a lot of work on WMF staff that does not get logged to a contribution list anywhere that is very valid for a steward. Cheers, ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 00:39, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Dan,
- My primary concern is the language issue. I understand that you're planning to attend a language school, which is great. If you achieve fluency in another language, there is a greater likelihood that you will receive my vote next year.
- Neelix 03:50, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Neelix, I understand your concerns. Did you notice that a few other users have already reconsidered their oppose votes based on language issues, due among other things, advances in machine translation? They had similar concerns but changed to support instead. Would you consider doing the same? I could try and provide an example for you -- it may not be pretty but it will get the job done. Regards, ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 11:22, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.
Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.
I'm sorry to say I think you were treated very unfairly
I don't think you and I ever crossed paths, on the wikipedia.
I missed the entire discussion triggered by the thousands of boob-related redirects you created.
- Wow, what a huge intense over-reaction targetted you!
- Since then, you have been accused of sockpuppetry. But, when I looked at those discussions, it seemed to me that the evidence you employed sockpuppetry was flimsy and circumstantial.
- I first came across your story on YouTube, where non-wikipedians described the ANI discussion as a trial.
It seems to me the three most important things to recognize about your contributions are
- that the boob-related thing seems to have consumed less than 5 percent of your time on the wikipedia, maybe well less than 1 percent.
- that you were very prolific, and prolific at a very high level of competence - this is what should be recognized as your wikipedia legacy
- the boob-related thing was almost certainly due to a long bout of tunnel vision. Everyone gets tunnel vision, sometimes. Some people get it more often, or get a bout that last longer than most. And the correct response to seeing that is patient, civil, good-faith questions - not demonization.
I am very sorry to think of how the impact the demonization you experienced affected your personal life. You were a young academic, with a promising academic career, right? And, if I am not mistaken, this had a huge impact on that. That seems so wrong.
I am currently blocked, myself, for justifications I think are indefensible. If I get re-instated I will make some efforts to curb the demonization you were subjected to. In particular, I will question the assertions you engaged in sockpuppetry.