- 1 Admin Abuse
- 2 Spamming?
- 3 Stewardship
- 4 IRC
- 5 Congratulations!
- 6 Thanks
- 7 Strange situation in Russian wiki
- 8 bn-wikibooks
- 9 De-admin in ruwiki
- 10 Uzbek Wikipedia Admin
- 11 Thanks for checkuser
- 12 thank from Albedo
- 13 De-adminship because of violation of "administration ethics"
- 14 Extension of adminship in bn-wikibooks
- 15 Help needed at Sinhala wiki
- 16 uk:wikt Request
- 17 Adminship flag in bn-wikibooks
- 18 Bureaucrat for Ukrainian Wikisource
- 19 De-adminship
- 20 What must admin do with disputed photo?
Paginazero, A group of editors and admins refuse to allow a balance of material and links. Gamaliel, Robert McClenon, Jpgordon, JamesMLane, and a few others now own the pages. Any attempts to modify the page is met by thier gang edits. They allow only links to pro kennedy sites, none to negative sites regardless of the wealth of content they may provide. They push their pov on all of the Kennedy pages. It's because of editors and admins like these that Wikipedia is doubted as a source. ie; the New York Times published policy against Wiki as a source. The group refuses to agree to consensus when it is against them. I've now been blocked by Jpgordon in an abuse of admin priv. My act was not vandalism, it's simply not agreeing with their one sided pov. I am not willing to endure any more arb or mediation. These guys are out of control. 18.104.22.168 05:45, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
- Ask your sysop on en.wiki to lock the page under edit war and move to the discussion page in order to find a shared version. If you think they are willingly obstructing the process, please refer to the arbitration committee of en.wiki. A steward is a mere executor of a community's will.
- Hope this helps. --Paginazero 07:41, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
This is a loud request to a community that has done NOTHING to resolve deep issues. Why don't YOU get involved and see just how bad this group treats others? As to the arb process, I've tried it, check out what others say about the mediator I used, Kelly Martin. I have the same feelings. As to what a steward is, I AM the community. This is OUR will. 22.214.171.124 13:43, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
Congratulations Paginazero! You've been appointed a new Steward of the Wikimedia projects. Please remember to read the Steward policies and abide to them. Also, please add yourself to Stewards#List of stewards and the languages they speak. If you'll need any help with the Steward interface (under Special:Makesysop), please contact me on my talk page. Datrio 21:43, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
Many kudos for your new medal! I hope your activity on this project (and on minor prolects) won't leave us without your contributions. On the other hand *you* are the one in WikiHeaven, who are we to complain if you'll have a lot more work to follow on tlh.wikinews (every brave Klingon deserves its chunk of timely information!) :-DD Have all the fun you can!
Thanks for the bot flag on the bg wiktionary :) GerardM 18:03, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Strange situation in Russian wiki
One of vandals started anti-russian-wikipedia campaign in livejournal (http://5h00.livejournal.com).
Almost all of his IP's was blocked (I'm one of admins on ru-wiki).
There also another abusive user (ru:User:Dart evader) who disputed with admins about this situation. In the heat of dispute he offended an admin (ru:User:Ramir), said Ramir is a stupid ("глупый") clown. Dart evader was repeatedly offend other users and permit himself personal attacks on another users, and previously was blocked for 1 week. So I blocked him for 2 weeks.
Now return to first sentence about vandal. One of user publish his personal details based on info from Livejournal in Wikipedia. Dart_evader says that one cannot publish that information in wiki, and in this reply he offend Ramir and was blocked by me. Now Dart_evader's friends threats to me and Ramir that they will complain this to stewards and stewards will remove our admin rights.
So, question is: What we have to do? Unblock Dart_evader? Remove personal information of vandal and unblock him?
Please, help. --Jaroslavleff 20:20, 25 March 2006 (UTC)
I will not comment all this slander against me. I just want to ask some questions. Last night this Jaroslavleff deleted the talk page (with edit history), where Ramir, Ajvol (another admin) and Jaroslavleff himself participated in disclosing of the detailed personal info on some person (supposedly the vandal in question) and were working out the schemes for 'punishing' that vandal (including legal suits and violent actions). I think Jaroslavleff deleted the edit history of that page in order to wipe out the evidence of their misconduct. But Jaroslavleff claims that he received an e-mail from some steward, instructing him to delete that talk page. Jaroslavleff refuses to reveal the name of the steward that gave such an order. So, I would like to know if Jaroslavleff's claims are true. If it was you who issued the alleged order for deletion, will you please confirm the Jaroslavleff's story? Dart evader 14:16, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- I did not mail any instruction to anyone about this and I come to know this case right now.
- I suppose that ru.wiki has policies to deal with user's miconduct and that Dart evader has been blocked accordingly.
- About the "anti-wikipedia campaign", all I can say - not knowing the details - is that criticism against wikipedia is welcome (and should be carefully read) when motivated and serious, and has to be ignored otherwise. --Paginazero 16:24, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- No, no. The question was not about my misconduct. I'm not complaining about what has been done against me. The question was about that mysterious e-mail message, allegedly received by Jaroslavleff from a steward, that instructed him to delete pages. I guessed that Jaroslavleff was most probably lying, and my suspicions are quite proven now. Thank you for your answer. Dart evader 16:55, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
Hi, I had placed a request for adminship in bn-wikibooks in the Requests_for_permissions#bn page a week ago, and also had created a local page. Unfortunately, there are no other users editing out there, and no admins. So, could you please tell me how the local request would be resolved, and when the Request_for_persmission here would be resolved? Thanks. --Ragib 04:43, 12 April 2006 (UTC)
De-admin in ruwiki
Здравствуйте, Paginazero! Я обращаюсь к Вам как член Арбитражного комитета русской википедии. Было проведено голосование (ru:Википедия:Голосования/Архив#Дезактивация неактивных администраторов) в итого которого было решено, что администратор который не участвовал больше года в русской википедии потеряет статус администратора. Мой вопрос: Соответствует это общим правилам википедии?
Если не противоречит правилам, то мы хотим действовать так: Арбитражный комитет пишет неактивному администратору сообщение и даёт ему последний шанс в течение месяца снова стать активным. Если неактивный админ не станет работать, то Арбитражный комитет обратится к стюарду с просьбой снимать статус администратора. --Obersachse 23:54, 19 April 2006 (UTC) PS. Вы можете мне ответить на английском, русском или немецком.
- Здравствуй Obersachse. За то, что я знаю точной правилы о течениях полномочий администраторов (временных или постоянных) нет. Каждое сообщество может свободно решить о том.
- Hello Obersachse, As far as I know, there is not a specific policy about the lenght (temporary or permanent) of sysophoods. Every community is free to decide about that.
- Hope this helps. Bye.
Mille gracias. --Obersachse 19:33, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
Obersachse on behalf of the Arbitration Committee of Russian Wikipedia contacted you about legitimacy of our recently adopted rule about desysoping inactive administrators. As there were no objections, the ArbCom decided (ru:ВП:ЗА#Информация о неактивности участника для процедуры снятия статуса), a month after we sent a warning to JohnOwens (en:User_talk:JohnOwens#Adminship_on_ru:) and got no response, to ask you to desysop JohnOwens due to his inactivity. --Obersachse 16:44, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
Uzbek Wikipedia Admin
Sorry for bothering you but you left a message last week that I should wait until 22nd for the decision to become an admin on Uzbek Wikipedia. I would greatly appreciate it if you could check the voting page and let me know of your decision.
Best regards, (uz) Uzgen
Thanks for checkuser
I would like to thank to you fot checking that users on tr wp. I have a technical question which you might know. When does the IP logs expires and you cant see the logins anymore by checkuser thing? I am curiuos about that because if it is short we may need to hurry if there is suspicious acts going on. TIA. --Özgür 19:14, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- Thx for the information too. :) --Özgür 20:33, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
thank from Albedo
Thank you so much. I do not think, that would be so wiki:) Большое спасибо ещё раз. Если можно, ответь где найти Mediawiki для локализации Викикниги а также как обустроить adaptate панель спецсимволов. Лучше писать сюда uk:Обговорення_користувача:Albedo. С приветом--Albedo 17:12, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
De-adminship because of violation of "administration ethics"
How do you think, if an administrator violates so-called "administration ethics", but does not violate any Wikipedia rule, may administration privileges be dropped? --Jaroslavleff 16:24, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Extension of adminship in bn-wikibooks
Hi, I have localized about 30%-35% of the system messages so far. This is not a lot, I admit, but due to my time commitments in Bengali wikipedia and English wikipedia, I couldn't translate them all in wikibooks. So, could you please extend the temporary adminship in bn wikibooks for another two weeks? Thanks. --Ragib 21:29, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Help needed at Sinhala wiki
Hi, I’m Lee from Sinhala wiki. I’m not sure how to start a vote to get the community support as required in getting the sysop privilege. Could you please provide me with some tips on it? (I’ll be offline for 3 days, so don’t be upset if I take a long time to reply back.) --Rathne 13:08, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
- Спасибо большое--Albedo 14:39, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Adminship flag in bn-wikibooks
Hi, I've traslated up to 50-60% of the system messages, and believe the rest are not necessary at this moment (mostly dealt with boardvotes, bureaucrat/admin tasks etc.). It seems that there is not much activity there, so you can turn off my admin flag for the time being. I've been able to draw a lot of editors to the Bangla wikipedia (reached 500 today), and will try to direct some of them to bn-wikibooks. Until the community grows, I don't need any admin capabilities.
Thanks again for extending the initial period through June 30. --Ragib 22:26, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
Bureaucrat for Ukrainian Wikisource
Добрый день. Произошло небольшое недоразумение. Было сообщение, что наш запрос на бюрократа выполнен, но изменения статуса кандидата не было (uk:s:Спеціальні:Log). Не могли бы Вы исправить это, и присвоить статус бюрократа для uk:s:Користувач:Павло Шевело. Большое спасибо. --Yakudza 22:01, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Those changes are reflected on meta's log, not local one. Pavlo is b'crat now. MaxSem 22:24, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Большое спасибо.
- У меня еще один вопрос относительно uk.Wikiquote. Мы провели выборы. Pavlo Shevelo получил права администратора. Но сейчас возникла необходимость в бюрократе на этом проекте. Нужно ли проводить новое голосование за статус бюрократа для Pavlo Shevelo на uk.Wikiquote? C уважением, Yakudza 20:07, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Please remove me from sysop group in it.wiki. I have no more time for admin work. Thank you. --126.96.36.199 18:39, 11 July 2006 (UTC) Sorry i forgot to log-in when typing the message above. --Baruneju 22:17, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
What must admin do with disputed photo?
There is a photo on Russian Wikipedia: ru:Изображение:CableCarPassengersGelendzhik05Jul2006.jpg.
It was made by "Olimp" company that serves cable-way represented on the photo.
ru:User:Mithgol_the_Webmaster says that "Olimp" company delegated exclusive rights on this photo and confirm that by Quicktime video, where company representative verbally says that he in the name of company delegate exclusive right to ru:User:Mithgol_the_Webmaster.
But accordingly to Russian copyright laws such delegation must be drawn as written contract, so license status of this photo is unclear. I consider we (I mean, Wikipedia) actually have no rights to publish that photo. By the way, Russian copyright laws does not provide so called "fair-use" of copyrighted media.
I sayed that if in 7 days the documents about rights delegation will not be shown, then I will delete that photo because of its copyrighted status. Then bureaucrat ru:User:Drbug arised and sayed that he will not allow deletion of that photo.
So, I need to know stewards' (your) opinion about this case.
What do you think about this? --Jaroslavleff 09:31, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- Dear Paginazero, I don't know exact intentions of Mr. Jaroslavleff, and why he wishes to compromise me, but I feel it necessary to defend my honor and cite my own words: "Если хочешь - выноси на суд общественности. Самовольно удалять крайне не рекомендую." (in Russian); translation: "If you wish, you would introduce it to the community for judgement. I strogly do not recommend you to delete it on your own sole discretion." It is my advice, and it does not matter at all whether I'm bureaucrat or not. As for the image, I have already started a discussion at Commons wiki Village Pump] (the situation is not as easy as stated by Mr. Jaroslavleff, he is not a lawyer, and so I suppose the discussion will long some time and may lead to some significant changes in Ru Wiki policies), and I'm planning to start it later in Ru Wiki. Also I would like to mention, that the discussed image is not mine. Thank you for understanding. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 10:41, 19 July 2006 (UTC)