- 1 Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- 2 IEG Committee candidacy
- 3 IEG proposal
- 4 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 5 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 6 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 7 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 8 Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
- 9 Maithili Wikimedians Mission 10
- 10 added your feed to planet
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
IEG Committee candidacy
Thanks very much for submitting your candidacy for the IEG Committee - we appreciate that you took the time to share your background and thoughts with us, and enjoyed learning about the awesome contributions you've been making to Wikimedia.
This round, the committee has not selected you to join as a member: we'd like to see you spend some more time participating in the projects as a contributor, and continuing to share feedback or ideas with others in our global community in order to deepen your Wikimedia experience.
We encourage you to keep going with Tamil community organizing and your contributions to Commons, MediaWiki, and FOSS projects in general, and to also stay involved in IEG by commenting on IEG proposals and ideas in the IdeaLab - we need everyone's input and yours would be very appreciated as a community member. I hope that you will consider signing up as a candidate again in a future round. Thanks again for participating, Siko (WMF) (talk) 17:21, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for submitting the micro contribution proposal. I just wanted to remind you of questions recently made at Grants_talk:IEG/Easy_Micro_Contributions_for_Wiki_Source. I encourage you to reply there and update the proposal as you see fit. whym (talk) 02:13, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
added your feed to planet
Per your request to be added to planet.wikimedia. It has been added here https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/363857/ and should show up soonish on https://en.planet.wikimedia.org . Cheers, Mutante (talk) 18:36, 7 July 2017 (UTC)