I left a message for you there. BTW, can you do an example WikiLang page for Low Saxon, or translate the Gothic WP one you linked? It might be easier to read for people who don't understand East Germanic languages written in the Gothic alphabet. :P πr2 (t • c) 12:41, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, I already wrote that onto the discussion page but at the moment I can only serve with this Gothic dictionary page. I cannot translate it nor can I set up new pages due to my lack of time. I hope this will change soon so that I can bring better examples than just talking of it. Zylbath (talk) 12:32, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- I guess I should do more work again here. I haven't had that much time lately. Maybe we could make a announcement, write to people or create more pages at the trial wikilang. I have been thinking over the logo since some weeks, but I haven't come to a conclusion yet. I am not happy with the proposed logo yet. Zylbath (talk) 13:25, 8 September 2013 (UTC)
Gothic and dolphins
I somehow managed to add an attested term to the Gothic dictionary at the WikiLang test. Of course, I undid the mistake, but I felt bad for marking the page's history without actually contributing something, so I calqued OE mereswīn as mariswein, which matches compounds such as marikreitus and marisaiws, while marking it as a neuter a-stem noun, which Wiktionary says swein is.
Though, since I don't know too much about Gothic and since you appear to know a lot about it, I felt like I should notify you, so... here this is!
I'm sorry if I messed up in any way. Please forgive me if I did.
- Hello. Nice that you are interested into Gothic. But you don't really have to feel sorry for editing something even if you took it out again. That's a positive thing, we need more contributions there. So, keep doing, everything you do is fine, of course, except for deleting existing things ;)
Is WikiLang revival possible?
Dear Zylbath, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 10:11, 12 September 2014 (UTC)