Wiki Loves Fashion
Wiki Loves Fashion is an international campaign to add in Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, Wikidata, Wikiquote, Wikinews) content related to the fashion industry (fashion designers and brands, haute couture, clothing, accessories, models, unforgettable dresses, etc.). Take a look at all editions!
Interested? Contact us
The campaign was launched by WikiDonne User Group during WikiDonne roadmap to write about fashion-related content. Are you interested in getting involved with Wiki Loves Fashion? Want to talk about any other kind of fashion content collaboration? Contact us at wikidonne[at]gmail.com or on the discussion page!
- Add your affiliate logo below...
Sources & Resources
- Fashion industry, Encyclopædia Britannica
- Metropolitan Museum of Art - The Irene Lewisohn Costume Reference Library - Fashion Resources - Finding aid and links
- MyStyleBox - visual fashion vocabulary
- Fashion museums all over the world, Google Earth
- Textiles in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- History of clothing
- Clothing in museums
- Clothing museums
- Clothing accessories
- Female clothing
- Male clothing
- Fashion by country
- Fashion designers by country
- Models by country
- Project Fashion, Wikidata
We want to share some of the books related to fashion, part of WikiDonne's library.
- The Concise History of Costume and Fashion, James Laver, Harry Abrams Inc. (1969)
- The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Costume and Fashion, 1550–1920 by Jack Cassin-Scott (1986), ISBN 0713718110
- Medieval costume and fashion by Herbert Norris, Dover Publication (1999), ISBN 0486404862
- Fashion: Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute, Kyoto Costume Institute (2002), ISBN 9783822812068
- Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion by Valerie Steele, Charles Scribner's Sons (2005), ISBN 9780684313948
- Fashion: The Definitive History of Costume and Style, Smithsonian (2012), ISBN 9780756698355
- Sustainable Fashion and Textiles: Design Journeys by Kate Fletcher, Routledge (2014), ISBN 9780415644563
- Photographing Women: Posing, Lighting, and Shooting Techniques for Portrait and Fashion Photography, Jeff Rojas (2016), ISBN 9781681981741
- How to read a dress: a guide to changing fashion from the 16th to the 20th century by Lydia Jenny Edwards (2018), ISBN 9781474286251
Pattern Drafting and Garment Cuttting
- https://www.cuttersguide.com/ - A resource for costume designers. (but check the dates and copyright status)
- https://archive.org/details/b1108865/mode/2up - Being a "condensed" edition of the Cutter's Practical Guide by W.D.F. Vincent.
- The Cutter's Practical Guide' by W.D.F Vincent. At least 12 volumes on various aspects of the tailoring trade and garment cutting in the 1890'S to early 1900's